No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelsea.Manning tweeting: just realized I wasn’t in prison long enough for half life 3 to come out

Comment

Friend put a pic of her broken kitchen sink mixer tap on facebook. I won the Internet by asking "Did you faucet?"

Comment

Can't get on Live right now but can play the disc edition of Xbone Mega Drive Classics, I think the intro is ace and the music gives awesome shivers down teh spine (even if it is the third incarnation of this particular comp and it hasn't evolved THAT much since the PS2 one).

But it's the best so far and the intro rocks my balls.

Comment

Yeah, it finally has Shadow Dancer. And the main Treasure games. It's got Landstalker as well as Alien Storm.

And they took the Ecco games out.

YAY!!!!!

I fuggin hated them, big piles of pap.

Comment

Bio Hazard Battle AKA Crying.

Now THAT's what you call a curveball!!!

Comment

Wife bought a Lenovo X240 with i5 from work for 100 quid in a charity auction. Battery was dead but laptop is fine otherwise.

Just bought a set of internal and removable batteries with reasonable capacity for a mere tenner off Yahoo Auctions. A tenner!

Swapped the 500GB HDD for a 256GB SSD and it's zooming. Shame it has Windows 7 but I might have a Windows 10 subscription at work I can use.

Been moving stuff off my trusty MacBook which has been by my side through thick and thin for almost ten years. Alas, its 2GHz Core 2 Duo is too slow these days so I'm going to sell it and use the Lenovo.

Comment

Should be a good machine! I've got a bit of a thing for ThinkPads... Fingers crossed that X240 has the FlexView IPS panel in it rather than the standard TN one.

I've got a T440p myself with a i7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 850 Pro and a 1080p IPS display all added after the fact. Lovely machine for a 14" form factor.

Comment

My work PC is an X1 and I love it.

I did get a little bit of buyer's remorse when my colleague got his HP Spectre(especially as it has a touchscreen) but I had the chance and picked this. The only annoying thing I find with the X1 is that the keyboard gets in a tangle when I type quickly - the speaker beeps and I lose my typing rhythm. I use a USB keyboard so it only affects me occasionally(when I'm doing programming lessons).

Wife's company has moved from Lenovo to Dell laptops and she prefers the X240.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    Friend put a pic of her broken kitchen sink mixer tap on facebook. I won the Internet by asking "Did you faucet?"
                    And you instantly lost it again in one grand swoop by being on Facebook in the first place.

Shame! Shame! Shame! Waves a big bell around.

Comment

When [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION] posts and you know, without looking, that it's from 3am after having some alcoholic beverages.

Comment

Every time
                        Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        When [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION] posts and you know, without looking, that it's from 3am after having some alcoholic beverages.

Comment

Topping up the Docomo Japan Welcome sim by watching advertisements, one of them is for EDF4.1, got an extra 10mb for watching it.

Comment

I did some more clay pigeon shooting on Wednesday.
                            I don't know if it got lost in The Purge, but I did it for the first time a few months ago and managed to get to the final against the BOSS.

Naturally, I channelled decades of Time Crisis, Point Blank, HotD, Quick & Crash, Operation Wolf and so on and managed to win.

I was a bit nervous going into it again, but I managed to beat everybody again, including a super-competitive co-worker, who I've been winding up ever since. It was a great experience and I'd have been fine if I'd lost, but this guy is so much fun to string along!

Comment

Also, how ace are all of these arcade maps?!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                Should be a good machine! I've got a bit of a thing for ThinkPads... Fingers crossed that X240 has the FlexView IPS panel in it rather than the standard TN one.

I've got a T440p myself with a i7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 850 Pro and a 1080p IPS display all added after the fact. Lovely machine for a 14" form factor.
                                I think it's a TN from moving my head left and right.

It's not charging either battery and I don't know if it's because the batteries are duff or the charger or something else. I've been trying some things to get it going again but it I'm taking a break for now. When she bought it, it wouldn't turn on with the battery in(so I threw it away) but now I'm wondering if the fact it wasn't charging is the reason that battery got messed up in the first place.

If I have to use the PSU all the time it's not a huge inconvenience but it is definitely an inconvenience and is making me look for another laptop for myself.

I was all ready to finish with my MacBook and sell it off this weekend. Maybe I'll still do that to force my hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X