Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clocks going forward means I only have to work 7 hours tonight

Comment

Our freezer broke before Christmas, and we haven't bothered to replace it until this weekend. That's not the smile of course. The smile is finally getting to use one of my Christmas presents and making Death Star ice cubes all weekend for an upcoming party we're having!

Comment

I think I would go Dr Who for my next ice tray.

Comment

Man-stuff. Replaced the side lights, main beam (dipped and non dipped) bulbs on my Ford Galaxy at the weekend and by god was it a massive pain to do (the sidelights especially; had to remove the unit completely using an extended ratchet socket set through a double skinned bumper/skirt and I lost the bolts inside the bumper multiple times: thank god for magnetism - but who designs these ****ing things? ). Anyway, I feel useful and manly right now (think my nuts are hanging a fraction lower right now). Especially as Halfords wanted 7 quid per bulb to fit!
          Last edited by gunrock; 13-03-2016, 20:26.

Comment

Watching John Wick last night,

and that bit early on when he smashes through the floor of his house to get the wooden chest out....

and the realisation I have the same Ka-Bar 7.5" semi-serrated tanto knife

Comment

Got some much needed grown up jobs done over the weekend, such as buying items to use in kitchen (bin, chopping board, pizza tray) as well as pretty much tidying most of the house and hoovering post Christmas decoration obliteration (the fake snow from the tree is everywhere).

So nice clean living room, now have tidying/ sorting of shelves and desk to do over the week, which include re-organising my manga collection and books, new stuff from christmas and start getting things organised to sell stuff on ebay for the first time.

I dont like cleaning and tidying much but I like the results and re-organising stuff can be enjoyable. One of my new years resolution sorta things is to record something everyday I have achieved/ proud of. So far this year has been very productive, even at work where (after, admittedly being a bit of a b**ch) I argued enough to get my alarm fob for work fixed over the phone FINALLY, which I started to complain about over 6 months ago to no avail.
              Last edited by Blobcat; 07-01-2018, 18:34.

Comment

This spell of weather. It's freezing (literally) cold but with dawn-to-dusk sunshine. By day the mountains covered in snow glisten in the sunshine, at dusk the skies are crimson, and the night skies are lit up with stars. 24 hours of prettiness. Fine weather for meditating outside too as the cold keeps you alert.

Comment

Listening to the bare knuckle II ost - smashing!

Comment

The forum rollback resurrecting my WW icon, quite nice having this one again

Comment

It's company phone time!

I decided to get an Android phone because I have an iPhone anyway and I need to support our recent Android users. After spending days wading through reviews and other stuff, I went with an Asus Zenfone 4 on the recommendation of a colleague.

It's rather beautiful and it might convince me to switch from iPhone. I'm considering an upgrade this year to an iPhone 6S but if I have a nice time with Android then there'll be nothing really stopping me. Right now, there is only a single paid-for app(The Room) on my iPhone so I'm not even financially invested these days like I would have been a few years ago.

The main negative so far has been settling on an actual phone but I like that I could buy a cheap Android phone with modern bells and whistles whereas a similarly-priced iPhone would be quite old.
                      Last edited by randombs; 11-01-2018, 07:48.

Comment

A couple of glasses of piping hot mulled wine on a cold day.

Comment

Heard this on the radio today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-42639359

I'm no tory but credit where it's due.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                            Heard this on the radio today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-42639359

I'm no tory but credit where it's due.
                            We can do quite a lot about this without much changing for the man in the street. For instance, in Japan, many toiletries (shampoo, shower gel and such) are bought in large blister-pack style packages which you then decant into reusable plastic bottles at home. The lighter weight and less materials make it cheaper for the customer and it's not really much of an inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              We can do quite a lot about this without much changing for the man in the street. For instance, in Japan, many toiletries (shampoo, shower gel and such) are bought in large blister-pack style packages which you then decant into reusable plastic bottles at home. The lighter weight and less materials make it cheaper for the customer and it's not really much of an inconvenience.
                              I still think the rest of the world has missed a trick with this.

Comment

Charles' avatar.

Comment

Working...
                                X