No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose I should comment that officially announcing our engagement to everyone today has been pretty exciting!!!!

All this has been via methods of contact that have not been face to face with anyone as we all live far apart so going into work is going to be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      Great deal with the big telly randombs!

PS is 'game mode' a special thing, all my LCDs have had it?
      The telly that died is my father-in-law's old Mitsubishi from ten years ago. If there's a game mode, I never found it. And I checked every menu in there and googled and my Japanese device menu skills are top-notch!

Comment

I've been using this Samsung Lyris mentioned ages back for seven years now, the original controls are long dead and replaced by a forgery, I even fell on it when I was drunk and bent the stand (I prop it up on one side with a roll of surgical tape), it was also housed in a TV bed at one point, it's got history. But still a great telly that still works!

Comment

I think Samsung were among the pioneers of game mode but I cba checking!

The Mitsubishi has all kinds of old people settings and easy modes so it's clear where their priorities were back then!

Comment

Yeah, the new telly is ace and all, but you've also acquired Stuntman: Ignition.

Result!

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
              I suppose I should comment that officially announcing our engagement to everyone today has been pretty exciting!!!!

All this has been via methods of contact that have not been face to face with anyone as we all live far apart so going into work is going to be fun!
              Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post

Well done guys. Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Yeah, the new telly is ace and all, but you've also acquired Stuntman: Ignition.

Result!
                  It was next to RR7 so I just grabbed it without thinking but now I'm wondering if it'll all be in Japanese.

"MIGI DA YO! MIGIIIIIII!"

*CRASSSHHH*

"BAKA YAROU ETC ETC"

Comment

Although it helps knowing what the director wants next, there are little symbols to indicate what you're doing.
                    "Drive under the truck!"

Comment

Thanks to the 'joys' of Undercover Boss USA, I've discovered the most elegant Christian name for a female I've ever heard, "Sharteria", basically a shart in a cafeteria. Who'd name their child after that?!

Comment

Two smiles:

1) Wife listening to the Curb Your Enthusiasm music while brushing her teeth. She's hooked on the programme. Music and comedy are my loves in life and I'm very lucky we have so much in common in both categories.

2) Booked my America business trip next month. A week at head office in Phoenix, then my wife is joining me in LA for a few nights(and our first anniversary), then on to the Grand Canyon and finally New York. My company is covering the flights to/from America so I only have to pay for the domestic ones.

Comment

If this doesn't make you spit your drink on yourself, you have issues.

Comment

ZX81 37 years old this week

Comment

I was chatting about games to my wife and it turns out she has both a slim PS2 and a PSP... somewhere!

Tactile emulation goodness awaits

Comment

INSANE coincidence at work today, one of them things that reminds me that life is kinda spooky. I was taking a lady from A&E to Ward 22, which is an orthopaedic ward. So, I get to A&E and ask what room she's in and the nurse says cubicle 22 and I get that vague amusement of taking a patient from room 22 to ward 22...EXCEPT, when I get to Ward 22 I ask them what bed she's in...and they say bed 22....!

But it doesn't stop there, I'm wheeling her down the ward to her bed saying that in all my ten years working there, I've never had a 'hat trick' like that before and she says to me "and you know what my house number is? 22."

This actually happened this afty. It blew my mind!

Comment

Working...
                                X