Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    If you was ever wondering what the crispy bit is called it’s called concon. Quite common in the Caribbean to make rice like that.
    It's the same in the middle East. I've seen some folk fight over the last bit

Comment

The end of this article has a huge bell.

One might say it has a huge bell end.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        My bank (Lloyds) have just called me and have confirmed that, after my complaint on Wednesday, they are going to refund me every monthly account fee I've paid since May 1999!!!

It started at £5 a month and is currently £12.95 so goodness knows how much in total it will be but it's well over £1500!

Ka, and indeed, ching!!
        So, the money has just gone into my account. That's quicker than I thought!

Erm, yeah, it's a terrifying £2576!!!

Comment

Comment

Well done, that's a really good result.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
              Well done, that's a really good result.
              It's preposterous!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                I've got a rice cooker from Iran. It's great. Put a bit of oil in and you end up with a crispy base that lifts off the non stick pan.
                You can actually get away without this. If you wash the rice first, then once it warms up in the water, agitate the whole thing once for a few seconds - that way, you don't end up with a rice pancake at the bottom.

Comment

That's the best bit though

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    You can actually get away without this. If you wash the rice first, then once it warms up in the water, agitate the whole thing once for a few seconds - that way, you don't end up with a rice pancake at the bottom.
                    We always wash the rice but just let the cooker do its stuff, never had a problem with burnt rice in ours.

Comment

Went to Harry Potter themed shop and picked up a Knight Bus money bank

Comment

It's preposterous!
                        You want to pay my insurance for the year?

Which reminds me, how much insurance do you pay? You're still a relatively new driver.

Comment

I've been living in Japan five years now(four of those with my wife) and haven't bought a rice cooker yet. Man Plan. We use an IKEA saucepan I bought soon after arriving. It's not even non-stick. My wife taught me a good procedure for no stuck rice:

High power(or reasonably high) for 5-6 minutes, then low power for 10, then leave it sitting for another 10. Done.

We're considering a rice cooker, though. And a Roomba!

Smile: showed my wife a shot of the new Avengers trailer with the Black Panther guys in. She said she wants to see the Marvel stuff. I said there's a lot. She said "I'm down with it". Marvel marathon next week, perhaps?
                          Last edited by randombs; 17-03-2018, 23:36.

Comment

Gotta post a smile when I'm just about to have a quite unexpected battle in a romper room full of adult babies in Yakuza 2.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                              You want to pay my insurance for the year?

Which reminds me, how much insurance do you pay? You're still a relatively new driver.
                              For my 1.4 Peugeot 207 I pay £300 to have both my wife and I fully comp.

She's the main driver and I'm a named driver as she drives it more than me as I have a company car which is covered by work.

Comment

Another Yakuza 2 smile. Just got thrown a 'sweaty helmet' during battle.

Comment

Working...
                                X