No announcement yet.

America's Darkest Days II: Blackest Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So he meant it as a joke that he'd done well? Either way he still looks like a ****ing idiot, shame he doesn't have the sense to realise that.

Because he lives his boy in a bubble life of Trump supporters lapping up his every last word at those ridiculous rallies he holds, without doubt he'd convinced himself that was how EVERYONE perceived him.

Comment

When you've had a lifetime of unchecked rampant narcissism like he has, it doesn't matter what's said being was truthful, or if it got some sniggers. As long as he felt he held the attention of the room (which judging by his reactions, he was lapping up the moment) he's satisfied.

He very likely believes people were showing that they liked him by laughing, not that they think he's an idiot – hence his retort.

That being said, he needs to be laughed at and mocked in a far more merciless way than that, because when done right it does manage to get under his skin.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        Trump now claiming it was meant as a joke: http://uk.businessinsider.com/trump-...18-9?r=US&IR=T

This is why the whole world is laughing at you.
        Soooo...he's admitting about not doing anything at all?

Comment

I don't think he knows what he's doing - some would say he's unhinged: https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...ge-washington/

If you want a full transcript it's here: http://time.com/5407665/president-tr...ce-transcript/ (which is far better than listening to the clown spew words for 90 minutes).
          Last edited by MartyG; 27-09-2018, 07:23.

Comment

I don't think he's unhinged, I just think he's incompetent at the job he holds. Like Einstein having a brilliant mind wouldn't mean he could just jump in an F1 car and be the greatest racing driver. Trump's track record in business, whatever people's views on that, has no bearing on the ability to run a country and he's simply woefully unfit for the position he holds but is penned to it because the US political system is so weak at handling the role effectively.

Comment

He track record on bankrupting six businesses you mean? The power of the deal indeed.

The difference here is Einstein would know he couldn't drive the car, so wouldn't try to do it, whereas Trump would jump in the seat, crash it into a wall and claim he won the world championship three times.

Comment

True, but he was smart enough to know a significant enough of America was dumb enough to vote for him, also smart enough to know that stroking Putin's thigh would get him the support needed and also smart enough to know to back off going the entire way with his own daughter to keep the voters just on the right side of acceptance

Comment

I beg to differ; Trump isn't smart enough to wash my socks - he just has a bunch of people prodding him in different directions until he squeaks. The targeting of white trash America was all Bannon's idea.

It's an insult to science everywhere to compare Trump to Einstein.
                  Last edited by MartyG; 27-09-2018, 12:07.

Comment

He knows nothing. He’s an idiot.

Comment

He track record on bankrupting six businesses you mean? The power of the deal indeed.

The difference here is Einstein would know he couldn't drive the car, so wouldn't try to do it, whereas Trump would jump in the seat, crash it into a wall and claim he won the world championship three times.
                      Exactly. He can’t run a business either. His PERCEIVED success was all built on that book written.

In reality he’s an incompetent waste of air.

Comment

Written for him. The only thing Trump contributed to it was his name on the front.

Comment

Written for him. The only thing Trump contributed to it was his name on the front.
                          Yup, he was dam lucky the author even bothered to finish it. He later came out and said it was the worst thing he could of ever done.

Comment

Whilst taking a break from being an alleged sexual predator, Brett Kavanaugh gets his fisticuffs on. Then went and cried with his mates lifting weights and marking the event on his calendar.

I'm fairly certain that there are better candidates for a life time position on the Supreme Court.

Comment

I'm fairly certain that there are better candidates for a life time position on the Supreme Court.
                              I hope they get the best Judge ever!

Comment

Whilst taking a break from being an alleged sexual predator, Brett Kavanaugh gets his fisticuffs on. Then went and cried with his mates lifting weights and marking the event on his calendar.
                                I don't care if the guy used to get drunk, or even if he did foolish things when he was a teenager (excluding the sexual assault allegation - see below). Everyone has done daft things as a kid. If we go down this route, we're going to reach a point where the only people who can run for public office are sociopaths who have gone to lengths to cover up the foolish things they did.

(for the record, I am not including the alledged sexual assaults in this "foolish stuff" category - that's different - I'm talking about him drinking, or once getting in a drunken fracas, or getting in trouble with the police over noise complaints at a party)

What I do care about is the fact that the guy has lied under oath; saying he didn't drink all that much when people who used to know him have come out the woodwork and said that he used to drink to excess. It's not the drinking that's the problem, it's lying under oath - an offence which should permanently disqualify anyone from being a judge. He then tried to appeal to those present, effectively saying "I like beer, is that a crime?" but that's not the point.

It suggests possibly the worst quality in someone running for office - being untruthful because if they're honest, they're worried that they won't get the post. That's the precise quality of a person who shouldn't get it.

This whole affair is another one which makes me concerned about our digital future, and the divisiveness cause by internet filter bubbles.

Comment

Working...
                                X