MCU: Ant Man and the Wasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCU: Ant Man and the Wasp

Marvel Studios are shifting around their plans for their third phase with the announcement of a new film joining the line-up – “Ant-Man and the Wasp”. Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly will reprise their roles of Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne respectively in the follow-up to this Summer’s “Ant-Man”. It will debut on July […]

Marvel Studios has officially announced a sequel to this years Ant-Man movie is on the way and that it will slot neatly into the existing Phase 3 period. The film will be taking the 2018 release slot that Black Panther was previously set for and as the films title suggest, will feature a bigger role for Wasp.

They've additionally announced dates for three unknown films in 2020, presumably they will start off Phase 4 and don't be surprised if Guardians 3 is one of them.

Great news! Really liked the first one. Love me some little people action.

Comment

Really enjoyed this and Michelle pfeiffer is a silver fox

Comment

Another strong entry in the MCU. Plenty of humor and the action is better this time around really using the change of size to good effect.
        Word of warning the first post credits scene is worth watching. The second is in the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          The second is in the trailer.
          Really?! That seems bizarre.

Comment

Thought it was ace.
            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Really?! That seems bizarre.
              It’s a throwaway scene really but what you see in the post credits clip is only a few seconds longer than in the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                Thought it was ace.
                So is it more of the first one but better?

Comment

It's as good as the first I'd say. Thought the ending and extra mid-credit scene was great.
                  3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Saw this yesterday and broadly I'd also put it as being as good as the original which for me places it mid-lower tier for the MCU. Some bits such as the action are better, other bits such as plotting and humour are worse. Broadly, like the first, it still feels like an unnecessary low key side story to the other films so reasonably fun but hard to care too much about.

Comment

I'm easily amused. I laughed quite a bit. Imax 3D was really good too

Comment

Good fillum.

On par with the first film, but for different reasons. I found Ant-Man’s pacing better, and the tone more endearing. However, I laughed more during this than I did during the first one. The central story about family is a nice change - there’s no real ‘villain’, and as such, there’s a lack
                        of urgency and peril, but that didn’t really bother me. As a ‘race against time’ effort, it hits the marks neatly enough.

Great turns from the main players. Rudd is excellent, and Lilly is really good, as well as smoking. I loved the action sequences throughout. As a tonic to the heavier IW, it is pleasantly throwaway. However, the mid credits scene is pretty vital, and ties things in beautifully.

Nice! I really rate the first film and it was good to see another winner.

Comment

Working...
                        X