No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided an X7 wasn't worth the extra cost (nearly double). Ended up stumbling upon [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION]'s review of the product and it seemed exactly what I needed, so thanks for that! I'm actually surprised how rapid the MD feels compared to what I've seemingly become accustomed to with the Super Famicom.

Comment

MD and PCE can certainly shift stuff about unlike SFC.

The trade off is woodwind and strings.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
        A white N64 and controller looks pretty cool. You did a great job. The UltraHDMI shows how an N64 Mini could look. I guess Nintendo won't be making one though.
        Thanks, yeah I think its safe to assume Nintendo wont be making an N64 classic anytime soon and kevtris said that it would be quite a while before there are any FPGA N64 clones because of the cost of the hardware thats powerful enough, plus the system being way more complex to emulate compared to the 16bit consoles. PC emulation is a bit hit and miss so the best option for the foreseeable future is the Ultra HDMI mod. Its expensive but I think its worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
          PC emulation is a bit hit and miss so the best option for the foreseeable future is the Ultra HDMI mod. Its expensive but I think its worth it.
          Yeah, N64 emulation depends on the game. I always feel the games don't look or feel quite right. So I have a De-blur N64 that I use with my OSSC, Framemeister or CRT. I'd have an HDMI machine if I didn't have a scaler.

Comment

After paying up front early October of last year this is finally with me. Absolute chore to obtain but looking forward to using it.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

After paying up front early October of last year this is finally with me. Absolute chore to obtain but looking forward to using it.
              very nice - i just picked up a ps one with a csync mod. Very nice indeed!

Comment

Nice! Yeah I c-sync modded my main PlayStation a little while back. I like to c-sync mod everything. lol

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Absolute chore to obtain but looking forward to using it.
                  I'd really like to have one of those, as a 'development tool'.

Have fun with it, Speedy.

Comment

Got home to a big box waiting for me, looks like my weekend has a lot of rhythm gaming ahead of it. Was pleased to see that the controller although used was in fantastic condition. I have no idea why though why it has video input and output at the back of the controller along with audio inputs. I figured the audio ones are to route the game sound through to the headphone jack so you can use the mixer sliders but why on earth is there a video input. Anyone know?

Still not sure how i can rig this up and still run my ps1 though the framemeister, i may have to look for some form of scart splitter that will split off the audio jacks so i can plug them into the controller.

Love that the buttons light up though, it's a clever way they did it. using a battery instead of trying to draw power from the ps1 joypad ports.

Also all my beatmania games turned up thankfully no cracked cases or sunfaded covers although one did have a bit of fading on the spinecard but i can live with that. The one used copy turned out to be in fantastic condition so they are all pretty much mint. Also treated myself to a copy of boku no natsuyasumi as i have been meaning to get it for a while for my playstation, have the remake already for psp but wanted the original version as well. Those game won't be staying sealed for long hehe.

Comment

Video throughput is likely just for convenience. None are necessary for playing games of course.

Comment

I’m not sure this is strictly retro but the games are.

Disc was rattling around inside the box but is thankfully unmanaged.

Comment

Few recent pick-ups

Comment

What a weird coincidence, I'm literally writing about Silent Hill 2 and Shattered Memories right now (well not right now).

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              I’m not sure this is strictly retro but the games are.

Disc was rattling around inside the box but is thankfully unmanaged.
                              Yeh that counts! Very nice, hopefully mine isn't to far away.

Don't you just hate it when discs come loose.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                                Yeh that counts! Very nice, hopefully mine isn't to far away.

Don't you just hate it when discs come loose.
                                Thankfully Blu-ray disks seem to be bulletproof, so many tines my heart has sank as I hear rattling in the case as I open a parcel to find that the scratch resistant coating has protected it and the disk is flawless.

Comment

Working...
                                X