Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Oh, bloody hell!

It's never going to get released at this rate (or made for that matter!!)

Comment

Couldn’t the next film be a multi-Bond team up, like those multi-Doctor special episodes of Doctor Who? Would be a great way to end Daniel Craig’s run while also giving scope to also introduce a new Bond (they could even throw in Elba Bond as well as a ‘secret’ Bond who usually has off-screen missions).

Comment

Oh man, gutted!

Comment

Is my brief hype for this film once again all gone?

Comment

Sources close to the production confirm that the next 007 movie will miss its scheduled release date, after disputes between the director, producers and star Daniel Craig

Following Boyle's departure the film will now miss its November 2019 release date

With the news of Danny Boyle’s departure as director of the next 007 instalment, we rank the big-screen outings of Britain’s finest, from 1962’s Dr No to 2015’s Spectre

And the Guardians Ranking of Bond films that's almost spectacularly wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post

With the news of Danny Boyle’s departure as director of the next 007 instalment, we rank the big-screen outings of Britain’s finest, from 1962’s Dr No to 2015’s Spectre

And the Guardians Ranking of Bond films that's almost spectacularly wrong
              Agreed. If Licence to Kill isn’t top the list is nonsense.

And let’s have Wes Anderson direct the next Bond film.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                And let’s have Wes Anderson direct the next Bond film.
                As long as he finds a role for Bill Murray.

Comment

Whatever come out it will always be compared to what might have been.

Comment

Spectre better than Goldeneye or Skyfall... probably the most noticeable thing ab - Spectre. Better than Goldeneye or Skyfall?... the most noticebale thing is the heavy Craig/Connery lean making it hardly an proper assessment if you're going to just dismiss entries rather than actually look at them.

We rank series often here, have we ever ranked Bond films?

... Spectre... man alive...

Comment

.We rank series often here, have we ever ranked Bond films?.
                      The JBCU you mean? I do not believe we ever have.

Comment

I'm just gonna drop this bomb and leave...

I don't like any Bond Films...

Comment

None of them... I believe Teddy has the appropriate Avatar when it's animated

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          The JBCU you mean? I do not believe we ever have.
                          You mock... but they got close...

Comment

In the wake of Danny Boyle’s departure as director, still more reports are hitting the British tabloids with apparent studio insiders discussing the reasons for the filmmaker’s exit beyond the official line of ‘creative differences’. At last report Boyle’s departure was said to be due to a fallout between Boyle, star Daniel Craig and producer […]

Apparently, one of the disagreements between Boyle and the filmmakers was that Daniel Craig and Barbara Broccoli wanted to kill off Bond at the end of the next movie whereas Boyle didn't want to do that story development.

Comment

http://www.darkhorizons.com/more-bon...ts-007s-death/

Apparently, one of the disagreements between Boyle and the filmmakers was that Daniel Craig and Barbara Broccoli wanted to kill off Bond at the end of the next movie whereas Boyle didn't want to do that story development.
                              I think that's fair enough that Boyle was against killing off the character. Unless it was done in a very smart and satisfying way it seems a little selfish of Broccoli and Craig to want to do that (Broccoli has more say in the matter but it seems a little arrogant to want to 'end' the character, making it difficult to do another film without marketing it as a reboot).

I think I suggested elsewhere that I wondered if Denis Villenueve would be willing to direct one of the future entries? Although I think he's too involved with the craft of film and directing original works (Blade Runner 2049 aside) to ever be attached to one of these. I'm happy to be proven wrong though (it'd be too much for the masses imho though).

Comment

I assume there'll be other differences, the idea of killing Bond on screen just feels like an empty and cheap move for attention. No-one watches them to see Bond fail a mission and whilst they could go for the sacrifice move that too would go wrong in most cases as Bond isn't a heroic self-sacrifice type, any similar move would be purely due to duty to the role. Frankly, I don't think Craig's Bond carries the endearment to pull it off satisfactorily, especially when the next film undermines it no matter how they approach it.

The next one should just end by wrapping up the incredibly awful Quantum/Spectre storyline and have Bond resigned to a life in service. Then a full tonal reboot back to stand alone films with no real continuity, having a proper sense of humour.

Comment

Working...
                                X