No announcement yet.

Fallout 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember watching a video of Fallout 3 where somebody was showing how many headshots it took to kill someone.
    It was a ridiculous amount and nearly put me off the game.
    I'm glad I ignored what he said and played it anyway, I poured hours into it!

I'm currently on the third out of four DLC packs on New Vegas (Old World Blues), sneaking around the X-13 stealth tests in my prototype suit. Love this series.

Comment

Now this is the kind of glitch I can get behind!

[hide][/hide]

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        If I'm right in thinking, this is a last gen game isn't it? As in they developed much of it with PS3/360 in mind but development took so long it crossed over to current gen? I think I heard that somewhere.
        i don't think it's a last gen project ported over, but they clearly re-used lots of the old Fallout 3 assets. that's the only explanation i have for the shockingly poor textures you can spot in almost every location if you look out for them.

Comment

Had my eye on this, despite never having played earlier games (don't know why tbh!), but after reading of glitchiness and having got burned with unfinished games ever since going 'next gen' I'm gonna put this off for a while. Wots best from 3 and Vegas, might try the goty of one of them...?

Comment

Wow, good question!

I think only Fallout 3 has been announced for B/C so far if you planned on playing on the One.

Comment

Nah that's not an issue Chimp, me on ps4. GOTYs of 3 and Vegas are still widely available online. So, what's best...?

Comment

Some people love NV but, for me, it's 3 all the way. I loved the early parts of NV but I felt it got messy with missions of no consequence and a lot of stuff I didn't care about. I played a massive amount of it but never finished it. Fallout 3 captivated me the whole way though, DLC and all.

Comment

Thanks for advice, Dogg.

Comment

I've been struggling to give an answer all night as they're both great.

I've been on New Vegas tonight and still love it.

I'm going to say New Vegas!

To be honest, they're both brilliant and you'll win whichever you choose, but you have to invest some time in either one. They're total time-sinks!

Comment

I've just done the first 60-90 minutes and whilst it's a slow start it's a nice atmosphere intro and I do quite like the approach. So far, it hasn't presented anything which is new to the franchise beyond wider voice acting but it's definitely Bethesda's best looking game to date and I'm purely faced with searching the local houses but it feels like that alone will take ages. Even if it doesn't contain much new, New Vegas feels like a long time ago and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into this.

Comment

Played the first few hours of this on PC and it is basically what I wanted, more of the same. The opening isn't as well done as Fallout 3 and I felt little emotion for my wife and son who I had only known for about 2 minutes but apart from that I have no complaints.

One technical issue is that the Nividia Geforce Experience program thing on my laptop (GTX 970m , 8GB Ram, 256SSD, 1 TB HD, i7-4720HQ) is telling me I cant run the game on anything but low settings, but if I do it manually there are no issues running everything on high settings. Is it a ram issue or just the program itself that doesn't really know how to properly optimize for the game yet?

Comment

Uninstall it and look into Nvidia Inspector instead. Creating your own driver profiles might take longer but the results can be mind-blowing. This is one of the reasons my Skyrim runs at current gen standards on my four-year old laptop.

Comment

Do people attack your settlements?
                            Sanctuary is a sea of machine gun turrets in my game! Gotta guard my field of Tato plants

Comment

Putting aside the fact the graphics aren't exactly next-gen looking, underneath the core gameplay seems solid enough. It does seem very much Fallout 3.5. It's difficult to say how well the story is going to hold up at this point, I've little interest in finding my lost son tbh, but exploring the environments feels pretty engaging so far, so I might just concentrate on doing discovered sidequests at first.

My character is awesome though

Comment

Smyths are doing this for a tenner if you trade in certain games.

Black ops 3, halo 5, need for speed, wwe2k16, gta, witcher 3, arkham knight, mario maker, mad max, Fifa, assassins creed syndicate.

Arkham knight is ?22 in CEX would make it ?33. Might be able to get that cheaper in local shops.

Will take a punt at that price I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X