No announcement yet.

Fallout 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's exactly as I expected and was hoping for. I will be lost in this world for the next few months. If it's half as good as the previous two then job done Bethesda.

Comment

What's the betting that my son is now grown up/old?

Remember kids, if you want to be in a videogame, never name your child Shaun.

Last edited by EvilBoris; 11-11-2015, 19:27.

Comment

He'll probably be the main villains henchman and will turn during the final fight, Darth Vader style and help you win.

I have so many quests/tasks on the go I'm already overwhelmed.

Comment

Infinite caps glitch, if that's your bag (baby).

[hide]
          "A Fallout 4 exploit that gives you access to an "unlimited" number of caps - the in-game currency - has been discovered. YouTuber ZibbeZabbe posted a video of the exploit yesterday. Essentially, when entering into a barter, this glitch recognizes an abundance of ammunition that is not actually present, and results in the vendor owing you a significant number of caps. While you will only be walking away with the maximum number the vendor started with, you will be able to use what they owe you in order to purchase their entire inventory. You can find out exactly how to do it below.1. Head to a vendor and enter into a barter. Decide which ammo type you want to use.
          2. In the vendor's inventory (right), select a type of ammo and purchase all of it. DO NOT finalize the deal by hitting 'accept' the second time.
          4. In your inventory (left), sell back one of the same ammunition that you just 'bought.' Again, do not finalize by hitting 'accept' the second time.
          5. In your inventory again, select the rest of the ammo and sell them all back. You will be left with one. Continue pressing the 'sell' button, and the number of bottle caps on your side will go up. Once the vendor owes you a bunch of caps, you can purchase the rest of their inventory.
          6. Once you've selected everything you want from the vendor, accept the trade. While you will only end up walking away with however many caps the vendor has on hand, you can also walk away with their entire stock - which is what you'd be using the caps on anyway.

Jackpot!
          As of the time of this posting, the glitch is still present. Bethesda is probably going to fix this soon, so if you want it, you better hurry."[/hide]

Comment

I thought we valued gameplay over graphics here? Lush visuals are nice and all but surely a bonus if the actual content is compelling, no?

Comment

The frame-rate is the biggest problem this game has, that and having to wait for any npc to speak there welcoming line when you get near them before you can open the dialogue wheel (which is another change for the worst, i can never judge what the brief description will say)

Aside from the above, its fallout and im enjoying it despite the issues.

Comment

Is this game good for someone who has never played or knows what fallout is about?

Comment

You don't need to know any back story from previous games to play them as there is no direct link between them, other than they're set in a post nuclear war world.

Comment

You're not the first person to ask this and it sounds like it's a "yes"!

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                      Is this game good for someone who has never played or knows what fallout is about?
                      Yeah, they don't have anything to link the different games together beyond little nods here and there dotted across the hundreds of missions and characters.

Comment

I would like to think, everyone and anyone could pick up and play and everyone's story and game should be slightly different. A real masterpiece has been created but I'm a die hard addict

Comment

I cannot seem to heal. I use a stimpack and it shows how much it should heal but nothing happens. Any ideas?

...nevermind, my radiation was too high...doh
                          Last edited by SUMIRE; 13-11-2015, 21:51.

Comment

Still not really sure what i think of the game. It did seem to get to the meat of the game quicker but i am not finding myself as gripped as i was with fallout 3. The extra stuff such as building settlements that is really cool but i really hope it has a use later. Companions having proper stories and history that is really cool but commanding them where to go seems a pain especially if they are to close to you and i often find them getting stuck on something.

Combat feels a lot better in real time but still lacks the impact that other Fps games have or when in vats. Graphics are a step above previous games but the animation is still stiff and getting a lot of pop in and coming across textures that do not load properly.

I have a feeling it will be a slow burner as i am getting into it the more and more i play though

Comment

Just sat down for my first session beyond installation and creating a character... and I didn't get up until six hours later. The last time this happened to me was the first time I played Fallout 3!

Comment

how do you use grenades and other explosives in VAT? i am sure it worked in Fallout 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X