No announcement yet.

Fallout 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, the quests have all felt very straight forward so far and pretty straight faced. None of the oddities you'd find hidden in the last few Bethesda games.

Comment

Only 1 stands out and its the Robot pirate ship, the game is just devoid of charm for the most part.

Comment

Finished the main quest last night. Overall I only encountered one glitch which was when a scorpion floated in the sky so I've managed to have a pretty consistent experience. I mostly focused on the main storyline except a period where I needed to level up as I'm going to save the remaining side missions till the DLC is all out. The game is fun but my main issues would be:

-VATS is almost redundant now
        -The conversation system is poor, just press A everytime for the best outcome
        -The main quest is very weak. The story itself, though obvious, doesn't bother me as no Bethesda RPG has a good story but the game is completely lacking in that tinge of dark twisted humour that the previous games had as well as distinct memorable locations. It leads to a lack of compulsion to the missions and exploring the Commonwealth
        -The back end of the main quest feels like pure filler

It's well worth playing for anyone who enjoyed the previous games, just be prepared for an entry that feels like it was developed/outsourced to a B-Team so the main one could work on Elder Scrolls. An 8/10 for now, see how the DLC and remaining side missions affect things down the line

Comment

Playing this and Dark Souls 3 at the moment. Fell back onto Souls pretty quick but finding the interface (PS4) in this clunky and confusing. Will persevere though. Looks pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            -The conversation system is poor, just press A every time for the best outcome
            This was the worst of the changes for Fallout 4 - the dialogue overall was awful in this instalment.

Comment

I just started playing this last month (Xbox One X), looks pretty nice but compared to Skyrim I find this is a struggle to play.

I've already encountered two quest ending glitches which I didn't expect as it's an old game now. Bit annoying but had to just pass them up and move on. It just feels a bit boring all round. Maybe I'm only early on (10 hours) but finding it a slog.

Comment

This is typical of Bethesda though. 7 year old, quest breaking bugs in Skyrim showed up in the Switch version. I reckon their code base is so fragile they're terrified of touching it. They started this stuff 24 years ago with Arena. I dread to think what the code must look like at this point; they appear to evolve the engine each time rather than make a clean break and start anew.

Comment

Yeah I should know better than to expect them to fix such glaring issues after several years. I note there is a user mod for a huge rake of unofficial patches but then that switched off achievements.

Comment

Started playing this, PS4 version on PS5. It's a Bethesda game, I've had a gazillion glitches so far though nothing game breaking. I'm enjoying exploring around with my best doggo mate. The settlement building stuff is really obtuse I'm sure they couldn't have playtested this. I will have fun with it but I will need the interwebs to understand how to build stuff properly

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                      Started playing this, PS4 version on PS5. It's a Bethesda game, I've had a gazillion glitches so far though nothing game breaking. I'm enjoying exploring around with my best doggo mate. The settlement building stuff is really obtuse I'm sure they couldn't have playtested this. I will have fun with it but I will need the interwebs to understand how to build stuff properly
                      I remember being confused too and seeking help. I just had a look in my YouTube history and couldn't find anything, but I know there are some useful vids with little tweaks on how to make the best builds. It's clunky, but totally do-able and you find yourself quite proud of what you've made.

What a game!

Comment

I'm having a blast just exploring and finding stuff! Have done bugger all quests so far. will really get into the settlement building for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                          I'm having a blast just exploring and finding stuff! Have done bugger all quests so far. will really get into the settlement building for sure
                          I've probably said about this earlier on in the thread, but I'm notorious for doing this.
                          On Fallout 4, I just enjoyed mooching around and unfogging the map, seeing what the developers would come up with, occasionally finding something way above my level.

However, whenever I watched guide videos, there was a military blimp in the background of all of them. I thought it was some final-mission stuff, but when I'd finally run out of places to discover, I started the game and the second mission brought the blimp in and I'd been playing literally for months! I just loved being immersed in the world.

My best tip is to go to Vault 81 for two reasons:
                          1. A quest to find a missing child gets you the best weapon - a sniper that fires 2 shots.
                          2. The Vault Overseer, Gwen, is crazy-hot!

Comment

Next stop Vault 81

Comment

I keep trying to get to Vault 81 but as I'm wandering around I keep getting distracted by stuff in the open world., I now have a kick arse robot follower called Ada. She is pretty cool but I feel guilty for leaving my doggo behind.

Exploring is so much fun in this game.

Comment

Finally finished this bad boy. Put in a lot of hours & I haven't done the NukaCola add on but I'm done for the time being, The story I left until very late, it was a bit meh. I did feel bad putting down some of the fellows I worked with across the 2 endings I did.

Overall there were a lot of cool quests (almost too many), the settlement stuff was fun but the implementation was bloody awful. The constant upkeep and radiant quests were annoying. After I built Ada fairly early on and upgraded my science so I could mod her it was easy mode. She absolutely destroyed everything in her way

Exploration was absolutely top notch. I loved just cruising around finding stuff. it was the thing that kept me going back to the game and I reckon there is so much more I didn't discover.

Overall I really enjoyed the game. I'm looking forward to Starfield but probably on PC for the mods. Even though PS version did support mods I was reluctant to delve in I must admit.

Comment

Working...
                                X