X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    I've booked a 10" moving van to load up on
    Mumsnet makes parents' lives easier by pooling knowledge, advice and support on everything from conception to childbirth, from babies to teenagers.

Comment

Everyone not doing and thinking every thing I want them to.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
        Everyone not doing and thinking every thing I want them to.
        You do realise this is a games forum and not a hippie retreat?

Comment

I was joking, man. Hence the smilie.

Comment

Hemp, hemp! Hooray!

Comment

Zavvi’s ridiculously convoluted returns procedure and their inability to deliver an undamaged Blu-ray in the first place. Morons.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                I was joking, man. Hence the smilie.
                Hush hippie!

Comment

Took family and friends out to Nandos 2 days ago. The guy at the counter didn't scan my Nandos card correctly. £70 bill and no Nandos chilli reward point added.

#ChickenRage

Comment

I’m mystified as to why people even like Nando’s, I think I’ve been to it maybe 3-4 times and it’s at best ‘meh’.

Comment

I love Nando's. I used to go around three times a week when caning the gym for a half or full chicken all to myself. They used to be really generous with the free chicken you could amass with the chop card in Singapore (compared to the rest of stingy AF Singapore, anyway). Every three visits you'd get a quarter chicken which you could stack all the way to a full one.

You get what you pay for I think. Obviously there will be better piri piri places out there. I really miss not having it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        I feel a bit strange about tonight. We have a friend of my wife’s here for a week from Canada, and tonight in a pub we experienced a few younger people trying to be tough guys. It became a bit sadly dramatic but due to my wife’s influence I decided to step in and be a mediator, only to be threatened in return. Now, I’m no tough guy myself, but I’m certainly not shy about calling people out for being arseholes and the situation gradually diffused. We get in the cab home and Heather reveals the guy shoulder barged her while letting out a disparaging comment. I’m seething now. Before I met my wife, I’ll be honest, in the pub tonight I’d have done something that certainly wouldn’t win me any fans. I don’t know if it’s maturity, or simply old age, but I realised tonight how much I’ve changed as a person. Crazy.

The thing is, I know it’s going to eat away at me now that instead of stepping in and trying to be the nice guy, I’m going to be angry that I didn’t just give him the smack he deserved. Take pride in how more calm I am now, or be irritated I let an absolute arse feel he was free to say whatever? Not sure I’m happy with either. Ten years ago I’d have just let him have it.
                        Just go with the flow, you did OK.

If one reacted badly to all the twunts, we'd all be in priz when we could be back home at our cribs.

Comment

I don't even know why I was writing in American, then.

Comment

Still bloody annoyed though.
                            It really annoys me when people don't show common decency, but my life would be like Final Fight if I didn't control the urge to smack people. I just give people a piece of my mind and let them know they're bang out of order. I think troublemakers tend to want people to make fools of themselves with violence, so it's best not to play their game.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                              It really annoys me when people don't show common decency, but my life would be like Final Fight if I didn't control the urge to smack people. I just give people a piece of my mind and let them know they're bang out of order. I think troublemakers tend to want people to make fools of themselves with violence, so it's best not to play their game.
                              Kryss would be the guy who owns the smashed car in Final Fight.

Comment

I’m mystified as to why people even like Nando’s, I think I’ve been to it maybe 3-4 times and it’s at best ‘meh’.
                                I'm not going to disagree with this. There are much better places to eat, but I was doing it for all the other folks

I did discover how tasty mango and lime chicken and perinaise are though!

Comment

Working...
                                X