X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will do that. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Oddly, my win10 upgrade ran completely smoothly until the HDD decided to die. So I did a clean install and it has been iffy ever since with odd things happening just enough to give me paranoia
      Our MSI lappy with 8.1 had minimal issues - Elan pointer, Sound Blaster & the usual tweaks to get it running more or less how I wanted.

The Dell w7 though was all over the shop, in the end went back to w7 even though I dislike it.

Comment

The Curse of Yakuza 5 Strikes Again! It was this time in 2013 that Canada Post decided to stop delivering post to my building as the mailboxes had be vandalized and weren't secure.
        Now, the day before Y5 is released in the West, once again Canada Post has decided our mailboxes aren't secure and won't be delivering post until they get it fixed.

2 weeks before christmas and probably the same day Xenoblade Chronicles X would have been delivered. Just typical.

Comment

****ty management ducking (ahem) you around and devaluing your work and abilities, hiding behind policy and "parity"!

**** 'em all.

Comment

The Windows 10 message everytime I boot my pc / lappie. There's no way to turn it off!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              The Windows 10 message everytime I boot my pc / lappie. There's no way to turn it off!
              Trying uninstalling update KB3035583.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Shell Drivers Club offers. It's always spend ?60 on fuel in a 1 week period. I don't use that much fuel a week. Very mild irk but there you go.

Comment

Sounds like you're not pressing that right hand pedal hard enough Brad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    Trying uninstalling update KB3035583.
                    How is this done?

Comment

Control Panel > Uninstall a program > Scroll to "Windows Update KB3035583" or something to that effect and then hit Uninstall on the bar above the scroll list.

I'd suggest disabling Windows Update too, otherwise it will just download that again. Unless of course, you can blacklist that update or whatever.

Like I've mentioned before, I run a build of Windows 7 from 2011. Can't be messed with updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        There is - GWX Control Panel

Removing the update will only work for a day or so.

Comment

Seems like a better solution.

Comment

Still poor that you have to resort to a util to stop something you don't want

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              Sounds like you're not pressing that right hand pedal hard enough Brad.
                              Duly noted. More wheelspins needed. It has a stupidly small fuel tank. Most I can squeeze in there is about 48 quid and that's if I let the fuel light come on!

Comment

People talking/swearing loudly in a public place.

Went to a wetherspoons for lunch after a stressful morning at work and after ordering this woman wanted everyone to know she was talking to someone on the phone,F-in this and f-in that as families who were there to get out of the rain listened on.
                                When her friend came to her table and she finally stopped gassing on the phone, the same high end volume was used for her bitching about the place and everyone in it.

I wish I hadn't have bothered.

Comment

Working...
                                X