Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally messed myself up again. Fell off my bike, hurt my back, have a bruise the shape (and size) of Africa on my hip and have damaged something serious somewhere because my toes have all swollen up. Feels like I've just stubbed them all, but constantly. No sleep last night. And my palms are tingling. Can't walk properly. Happened 3 years ago and got better on its own after 3 weeks. But this feels worse.

Comment

Having a bit of a sense of humour failure, so if anyone has any funny stuff to link to / videos to watch, please go ahead and post them in the smiles thread straight away

Comment

Here's one.

People opening the windows at the gym, or more appropriately, people leaving them open when they leave.

It's winter. If you leave the windows open, the temperature in the gym will drop close to the outside ambient, which is hovering around 0 right now. You might feel uncomfortably warm, but it isn't safe to work out in a gym that cold (not without wearing outdoor clothing).

It's a real pain when I walk in during the morning and see one of the windows wide open. Before I even go into the actual gym I just know it's going to be freezing.

Comment

I go for a run outside in shorts & T-shirt this time of year, complaining about an open window sounds kind of wet.

Irk of the week:
          I found Trials Fusion Max Edition on sale for ?6 (currently ?20 on Amazon) which was a great deal. Found someone had already posted it up on HUKD so added in the comments that there was one left on the shelf at my store & that I would pick it up for anyone wanting it.
          Scroll down a few comments later and see some scrub had bought 6 copies to trade in at CEX for profit...

Comment

Ambulance to hospital. Maybe a bit more than an irk... Hopefully just overreaction

Comment

Hope you're alright Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                I go for a run outside in shorts & T-shirt this time of year, complaining about an open window sounds kind of wet.
                It's to do with the nature of the building. Thin walls and no insulation. Plus if you're lifting weights, you need to try and stay warm or you're more likely to injure yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Hope you're alright Charles.
                  Panic over* They weren't concerned. Apparently ability to walk is overrated. Wtf.

(*for them. I'm still freaking out. At least I was before the codeine kicked in. Now not so much)

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    Panic over* They weren't concerned. Apparently ability to walk is overrated. Wtf.

(*for them. I'm still freaking out. At least I was before the codeine kicked in. Now not so much)
                    Now if you just chase that stuff down with some rum you'll be happy as a new borne daisy, you may even think your one for a bit with any luck

Comment

I haven't had any alcohol since 2nd Jan. Not through choice - just hasn't occurred to me :| I think some underlying wish to recover quickly from all my broken stuff.

Codeine - bungs you up. Like giving birth to a log.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        I haven't had any alcohol since 2nd Jan. Not through choice - just hasn't occurred to me :| I think some underlying wish to recover quickly from all my broken stuff.

Codeine - bungs you up. Like giving birth to a log.
                        From what u mentioned earlier it sounds like you've done something to your spine mate. I'm speaking from experience. It might only be a trapped nerve but worth keeping any eye on it

Comment

I've posted this before, but I'm still puting up with second hand smoke where I work.

Comment

Where do you work? France?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Where do you work? France?
                              Nope, a health centre in Northern Ireland!

Comment

And people smoke there? Seriously? Is that even legal?

Comment

Working...
                                X