Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took spinach out of the fridge and was met with a cascade of green slime down my leg as I turned to the sink.
    It was like Popeye and the Hulk had a baby and it urinated on my leg.

Comment

Just tried to order a Kindle Oasis Case off the CEX website (first time I've ever tried) ... and every time I try to check out with Paypal it doubles the order amount just prior to confirming the order, and when I try to use my card it gets declined. CEX is the ONLY place I can find one too. Bah!

Comment

Just shows the difference between services between Japan & England and what’s considered acceptable.

edit. Sorry guys i meant to put a link in there about a Japanese railway apologising for a train leaving 25sec early and the crap UK users have to put up with.

edit2. this is the story https://mashable.com/2018/05/14/japa...2#_CE4S74GIOq0
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 15-05-2018, 08:34.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Just shows the difference between services between Japan & England and what’s considered acceptable.
          CEX is hardly a good yardstick for that comparison

Comment

So ready for Harry and Meghans grand rehearsal celebration for their divorce to be over this weekend, sick of hearing about this non-event

Comment

Big event so soon after the Hamas thing. Reckon security that day will be at max and all of them will be bricking it.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

edit. Sorry guys i meant to put a link in there about a Japanese railway apologising for a train leaving 25sec early and the crap UK users have to put up with.

edit2. this is the story https://mashable.com/2018/05/14/japa...2#_CE4S74GIOq0
                That article is nonsense. The apology is because the doors closed too early while people were trying to get on, not that the train left early in terms of punctuality.

I live in Tokyo and my trains(both JR) have been consistently late since I got back from abroad a few weeks ago. The stats people quote usually involve the bullet trains which skews things somewhat.

I stand by my point about CEX yardsticks, though
                Last edited by randombs; 15-05-2018, 23:28.

Comment

A work irk, a guilty irk because it's borne of people trying to be nice and helpful.

It's to do with taking patients on trolleys or chairs through sets of double doors, I'm talking the spring-loaded A&E to CT doors behind AE X-ray specifically here, they're basts. As I've got basketball player arms, I can easily hold the left door with my body/foot and outstretch one arm to hold the right door open and deftly manoeuvre the patient through the arch my arms have created. I've got verrrrry good at this.

But what the trolley peeps like to do is *help*, like they think you're gonna struggle so as you're deftly manoeuvring the trolley through, they stick their arms out to hold the right door open and this not only serves to apply veering left pressure on the trolley I'm trying to deftly manoeuvre in a straight line, it is also potentially unsafe for the patient's hands/arms. It also acts as a brake, when I'm trying to keep the trolley on a smooth, steady roll that's safe. They make it unsafe.

REALLY pees me off because it's done in such a spirit of helpfulness.

But I've been there ten years, just started telling them off, now. Just stop my trolley and authoratively say "let go" until they let go and then we rolling to CT again. Get em told.
                  Last edited by JazzFunk; 16-05-2018, 01:59.

Comment

A trans friend of mine describing the treatment recieved by their "friends". Deeply upsetting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                      I live in Tokyo and my trains(both JR) have been consistently late since I got back from abroad a few weeks ago. The stats people quote usually involve the bullet trains which skews things somewhat.
                      They are still a thousand times better than British trains though. In every aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        A trans friend of mine describing the treatment recieved by their "friends". Deeply upsetting stuff.
                        Are they friends with replicashooter?

#KeepinItReal

Comment

A small swelling on my forehead just above my eyebrow.
                          I was aware of it yesterday and it was not visable, just I could feel a bump that could be the start of a spot, annoyingly.

Woke up this morning and it is clear in the light that that dot is in the centre of an inch-wide swelling. I look like a fool. Maybe some bite or weird symptom of the bouts of Rosacea that I get.

No face mask is going to cover that up, I'm just going to have to wear my thick goggles all day!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                            Are they friends with replicashooter?

#KeepinItReal
                            Ha ha. Rather not go there.

Comment

Just kidding at least your friend has you!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                So ready for Harry and Meghans grand rehearsal celebration for their divorce to be over this weekend, sick of hearing about this non-event
                                Nothing else on this Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X