This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Well it already tastes like piss anyway so dangling your goolies in it won’t hurt the flavour much
    That’s lager, man. You’d never stick your soldier in a lager. It would be like dipping your arse in a barrel of chod.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Need to drop you a PM actually Prin, have a new business in the works and have been trying to involve CAMRA but they seem to be a bunch of old fannies. Normal? Or a Scottish thing?
      Probably both. I only ever get a reply when I rant to central office. Local branches are hit and miss. What’s the bizzo?

Comment

We're opening a craft beer shop up here, invited the local CAMRA branch to get involved with suggestions, but they seem a bit off. I've been invited to their next meeting to give a talk, but not sure I want to see it through.

Comment

I’d just get that kinda stuff drom your distributers/beer companies? Who are local microbrewries?

Comment

There's a ton Van, small breweries are blowing up everywhere in Scotland, we're already working with quite a few for retail.

Comment

Well get on the blower and get talking.

Comment

There's a ton Van, small breweries are blowing up everywhere in Scotland, we're already working with quite a few for retail.
                That seems the case of almost everywhere, it's the same in Italy. Are the breweries over there able to differentiate enough their offerings? I was talking to a brewer some time ago and he was complaining about hops strains starting to get too similar to each other and German brewers trying to push their style on pretty much everything.

Comment

We're opening a craft beer shop up here, invited the local CAMRA branch to get involved with suggestions, but they seem a bit off. I've been invited to their next meeting to give a talk, but not sure I want to see it through.
                  Craft beer is very much a tricky issue in Camra. There’s all kinds of arguments about its definition.

- Some members reject anything that doesn’t have live yeast (cask or bottle conditioned).
                  - Some accept craft as long as it’s brewed in small batches and has certain quality asssurances in its production.
                  - Some worry that big brewers can create small offshoots to produce batches of ‘craft’ which in reality are shoddy rush-jobs designed to capitalise on a trend. Therefore, a craft beer is from a small brewer only.
                  - Some believe that a craft beer is a high quality, nice tasting beer, no matter what its origin.

Your branch will probably be a confused battleground of the above ideas. Do the talk and explain that you’re not going to be a Heineken dispensary - that you are going to stock good quality, artisan products, and provide an outlet opportunity for local breweries. Maybe take out an advert in their local magazine. Get on the local camra Facebook page and explain who you are and what you’re doing. Maybe ask other bottle shops/tap houses for advice. There’s one popped up near me that sells bottles, but also has 3 handpulls on. The bloke is really helpful and actively sends trade to other businesses. Long term, maybe contact local food suppliers and offer to stock their products too. There’s an article in the NE based Cheers magazine recently about a bottle shop selling local products that match their beers for taste combinations.
                  Last edited by prinnysquad; 02-07-2018, 19:43.

Comment

And don’t turn up looking like something out an Apple ibook advert

Comment

Remove all evidence of non-craft beer from all your social media.

Comment

30 people in a warm office area, we keep the lights off to keep it cooler but there's always that one selfish prat who turns them on.

Comment

Not as selfish as whoever’s keeping the office warm enough to need the lights off, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            Not as selfish as whoever’s keeping the office warm enough to need the lights off, surely?
                            People that are cold all the time can put some more dam clothes on. People that run hot simply can’t cool down in conditions like that.

Comment

That’s not what I was referring to

I meant who’s in charge of the office air conditioning(if there even is any)?

Comment

The air con is on so strong in here I've just put a jumper on.
                                I bloody love it!

Comment

Working...
                                X