Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's justissued a statement that isn't really an apology but seems like it's true

Comment

Say it ain't so Red!

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
        Around $900 a month for a car? **** me, where are you based?

I've got my 3 Series in a local BMW garage having some work done for a week, and I've been catching the train for a week and love it!

Granted, I'm not on a train to London (Which is awful) but a 30 minute walk to the station, 19 minute train ride through countryside and then a 10 minute walk to the office, all while listening to a Podcast. It's bliss and makes me think I might train it into work every day and leave the car at home, it's so stress free.

Trains are the future!
        Calgary, Alberta. CANADIA.

Some prices are still held over from the last oil and gas boom, others are not. The parking price is because of that mainly. The insurance is myself and the wife who've only had Canadian licenses for the last 9 months and no insurance history before that. Leasing the Crosstrek is half the price of buying it but we can buy it for 48% original price after 4 years, which is what I plan to do.

Out rent is CA$978/month for reference.

Comment

This GDPR thing is getting me annoyed......even My physio had sent me an email on their updates to Privacy

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
            This GDPR thing is getting me annoyed......even My physio had sent me an email on their updates to Privacy
            Yup. I’ve had to issue one and update all the terms and conditions on my website and send an email out to all customers. It’s been an absolute pain in the arse trying to get my head around it all and what my actual responsibilities are.

Comment

Just messed up making my breakfast sandwich. I was distracted by the possibility I might have to teach dance this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Dropped my phone in the sea on yesterday. Thoroughly ****ed off!!

Thankfully having it sit in a bag of rice overnight has meant it is still working. Only thing that is duff is the capacitive back and recent buttons either side of the fingerprint scanner.
                Now the NFC chip isn't working so no more Android Pay.

New phone-me-do.

Comment

Take my daughter upstairs to watch Cbeebies on the IPlayer through the ps4. Unfortunately it won't work unless I do a system update and connect to psn. At which point my 2 year old has lost all interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    At which point my 2 year old has lost all interest.
                    I'm not surprised.

I sometimes think back and consider that I was fortunate our first computer had a disc drive, and I quickly got into cart-based consoles. If I'd had a tape drive C64, I don't think I would've ever got into videogames.

Comment

Yeah, those tested patience. Although I guess we were used to them at the time. We’d put on a game and make a cup of tea while it loaded. Only to find it didn’t. Carts were like magic by comparison.

Comment

Ah tape casset based systems.

2 hours of waiting for the game to load later, aaaaaaaand it crashed.

Now those were the days of real nerd rages.

Comment

It was all part of the pomp n' ceremony for me. Oh god, Ocean loaders.

Modern systems give a similar experience when first inserting a disc, installation and updates and whatnot. But about ten times as long and no Ocean loader.

Were the tape days truly that bad?

Comment

This is why I laugh when people tell me it ‘takes ages’ for the NeoSD to flash a game, or that the Neo CD takes ‘forever’ to load... no, no they really don’t. One thing that the Spectrum did manage to teach kids was patience...

Comment

Elite on the C64 was stupidly long to load.

Comment

Batman on the spectrum must have taken half an hour to load. My mum only let me play for an hour so i either played the game my brother had loaded, or wasted my play time loading something else.

Comment

Working...
                                X