This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    If you look on snopes, it's because something on the LPG filling device failed, so the tank exploded.
    Amazing (your answer, not the incident). Didn't see your Snopes mention, sry.

I love facts.

Comment

So many morbidly obese people here piling their money into the 2p cascade machines. Is this the highlight of their summer?

Let's change a £20 note into 2p coins and blow it all trying to win some 50p tat!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
        So many morbidly obese people here piling their money into the 2p cascade machines. Is this the highlight of their summer?

Let's change a £20 note into 2p coins and blow it all trying to win some 50p tat!
        Reminds me of my youth. Grim.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
          Oh my god, so many chavs dressed head to toe in knock off Nike gear with manbags/man purses.
          Dont ever goto blackpool it's x1000 worse it's the uk's number 1 chav holiday hotspot. The place needs nuking from orbit i, hate the place.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            Dont ever goto blackpool it's x1000 worse it's the uk's number 1 chav holiday hotspot. The place needs nuking from orbit i, hate the place.
            It's ultra-depressing, considering it used to be absolutely jammed with all the latest coin-ops in the early-mid nineties.

Comment

Thankfully the arcade club in bury totally destroys any arcade in the uk hands down, they win by default for having a crazy amount of rhythm games. Probably the only place in the entire uk that has sound voltex heavenly haven.

Comment

We have a SDVX at Las Vegas arcade in Soho, always being hogged by someone who's really good though so I've never had a go. Taken a liking to Groove Coaster myself!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Reminds me of my youth. Grim.
                  Saturday afternoon down Barry Island when my dad was there to take us out for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    Listening to the R2 segment about Youtube Stars and why the rest of the media world is so disconnected from it. Youtube can unearth some treasure but man, utter drivel on the show.
                    And yet, my kids aren't interested in normal TV. They are only interested in Youtube. And I only watch Netflix. Normal TV is doomed I tell you doooooomed.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      It's ultra-depressing, considering it used to be absolutely jammed with all the latest coin-ops in the early-mid nineties.
                      It used to be our yearly holiday in the late 60's into the 70's, then went with the mates in the 80's a couple of times. The arcades were tops, even before video games, The Beachcomber et al were excellent, rammed with pinball machines and old style shooting games, like the jet fighter one and submarine one where you looked through a periscope, happy days.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Thankfully the arcade club in bury totally destroys any arcade in the uk hands down, they win by default for having a crazy amount of rhythm games. Probably the only place in the entire uk that has sound voltex heavenly haven.
                      Really should take the daughter as Bury is really close for us - she goes to school there.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        And yet, my kids aren't interested in normal TV. They are only interested in Youtube. And I only watch Netflix. Normal TV is doomed I tell you doooooomed.
                        Yep, and yet the flaw in this has always been the amount of content on Netflix/Amazon/etc that comes from Normal Doomed TV and is funded through that traditional model. If you wipe that away and only leave the SVOD-made shows, you'd have very little to choose from. The plus for Netflix (minus for YouTube) is that Netflix adheres to broadcast standards that have been refined over decades. This is a good thing. YouTube is a toilet with no standards whatsoever.

Comment

I spend a lot of time on that toilet, let me tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                            It used to be our yearly holiday in the late 60's into the 70's, then went with the mates in the 80's a couple of times. The arcades were tops, even before video games, The Beachcomber et al were excellent, rammed with pinball machines and old style shooting games, like the jet fighter one and submarine one where you looked through a periscope, happy days.
                            My very first memory of Blackpool is me on a pier playing hide and seek with my granddad next to this yellow 1920s car/prop.

My latest memory is a trip to the Pleasure Beach with my then fiancée.

In between is all World Warrior up to Grandmaster Challenge, with a peppering of Fatal Fury/AoF/Samurai Shodown.

All round happy memories of the place.

Comment

The jungle gym in the tower for me.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              I spend a lot of time on that toilet, let me tell you.
                              Damn millennials.

I think that is where Facebook created an advantage, you can just scroll down your feed for more videos rather than actually making the effort of making a decision and clicking something. As you tend to follow people on FB with similar tastes/etc. you're more likely to find videos you want to watch without much effort. That was me and funny cat videos. And one of the reasons I got rid of FB.

Irpdate (irk update): fixed the job acceptance problem this morning.

Comment

I like Blackpool. Only the pleasure beach mind. Only theme park that you can actually go on more than 4 big rides in a day. Me and my daughter went mental there ones year, must have gone on every big ride at least twice plus all the smaller ones and there's a mario kart there too and a full sized outrun. Fab place.

Comment

Working...
                                X