Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irks are best served cold. Space is cold.

Comment

Not the bit surrounding our sun, though.

Comment

The fact that I have probably read all six irk threads back to front over the past few years :l

Comment

Mum passed away this morning after a brief struggle and rapid decline from cancer.

I feel utterly lost.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss [MENTION=6619]tomato[/MENTION]

There isn't much I can say, but both myself and others have been through the same thing, you aren't alone if you need to talk.

Comment

Thanks, and sorry to hear that you have had the same thing.

It's still so recent - at the moment I'm feeling mostly panic that a pillar of support in my life has gone. And fruitless worry about whether or not I was grateful enough for what she did for me in my life.

Comment

Really sorry to hear that.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss, tomato.

A useful piece of advice I was given is that there's no set way to grieve and you'll do it in your own way. Don't feel like you should or shouldn't be reacting in a certain way.

I also saw this article, which I found really poignant, especially the part about tidal waves:

Comment

Sorry [MENTION=6619]tomato[/MENTION], I hope over the next few weeks and months those feelings of panic and loss will slowly subside (they don't leave totally, IME) and your brain triggers more good memories than sad, melancholic ones.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Thoughts with you, pal.

Comment

Real sorry to hear that Tomato
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
                            Mum passed away this morning after a brief struggle and rapid decline from cancer.

I feel utterly lost.
                            Sorry for your loss dude. That's the day I dread facing in the future. I'm sure she knows you loved her.

Comment

Really appreciate these messages - thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
                                Thanks, and sorry to hear that you have had the same thing.

It's still so recent - at the moment I'm feeling mostly panic that a pillar of support in my life has gone. And fruitless worry about whether or not I was grateful enough for what she did for me in my life.

Remember that the chance to bring you into this world and to care for you and the rewards of joy (and pain and craziness) this brought along the way is what mattered to her.

Comment

Working...
                                X