This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    To be fair, it did seem like there had to be more to the firing than we saw on the surface. I still felt it was wrong but it didn’t seem like the firing was justified on its own so speculation that there was more behind it was warranted. I don’t think I agree with you on how it would have gone if she hadn’t been fired or even how it’s pitched, like she was a waiter or someone working in the service industry and so was dealing direct with customers at the time of serving them. Yes, people need to watch what they say on social media and, as mentioned, I’ve had to have a word with some people I work with on this. But they aren’t dealing direct with clients so it’s not the same as if it was someone responsible for service or sales. When someone is off the clock, they are very much entitled to an opinion and certainly entitled to stand up for themselves.
    Oh hang on; I wasn't saying that I preferred their being fired over the alternative. That'd be ghoulish. All I meant was that the huge reaction to what was really just a small spat has been so weird, especially when GW2 never gets type of coverage on a normal day.

My point was more that there has been a huge reaction to the spat/firing - but even if the firing had not occurred, there would still have been a big community reaction to it - when it's just not warranted. That's the crux of the issue.

I think in a month, everyone involved is going to regret their actions; some more than others.

Comment

Oh! Sorry, I did somewhat misinterpret that. I blame the heat today as it has me drained - sorry. Yes. You’re absolutely right. That’s a wider issue too because, even when it’s something I totally agree with, I find myself often somewhat uncomfortable that angry online mobs can get results. It’s a tricky situation. But yeah, totally agree with you here.

Comment

Drunken muppets deciding to have a brawl out on the street. One of the neighbors came out and told them where to go... and the law have just turned up. I was having a cuppa outside whilst watching the action, but I thought I’d come in as my roll up was a bit smelly...

Comment

Nah, you shoulda watched it like SF2!!!!

It's not an irk, more the colosseum on your front drive, get some popcorn in for future events!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
            Nah, you shoulda watched it like SF2!!!!

It's not an irk, more the colosseum on your front drive, get some popcorn in for future events!!!!
            I think the "roll up" might have caused _SD_ some grief.

Comment

Missed an email giving me 5 days to accept my teaching position...6 days ago.

Comment

Any chance it can be salvaged?

Irk: idiots on FB who keep sharing obviously fake news, even though people constantly link them to snopes. I've fallen for the odd clever satire in my day, but seriously people.... Mobile phones do not make cars explode. "The mother gave her mobile phone to the kids to play a game while she filled up (and then the car exploded)".... Why would playing a game be more dangerous than just having the phone sitting there? Although Pokemon Go.... In case anyone cares, they were filling up with LPG and the pump seal failed.

Also why would you share a vid of someone getting blown up on facebook. Ffs. Blocked.

Comment

I'm personally irked by some of my older mates on their FB, lovely guys in their 50s and 60s with grandkids and many peeps who love em.

And they're sharing stuff about golliwogs, I sense in a rebellious way more than a sentimental way, more saying "we had these as kids but we're not supposed to talk about these due to political correctness but now we're almost dead and have Facebook we can speak freely now!!!"

And these peeps are usually nice, kind, good, older folk.

People of differing generations had different lives and saw things in a different light.

I just think the golliwog-speak detracts. It's not necessary and creates a snapshot of how a person IS when they share such guff.

I always thought golliwogs were crap, tbh. I never even thought they were supposed to be black guys as a kid, I thought they were some kind of sweet mascot, like they were anthropomorphised liquorice or blackcurrant flavours.

Comment

If not for a generationally-racist grandfather I would have though the same.
                    [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] hopefully, considering the principal has already emailed the whole school to introduce me. I left a voicemail and will call again tomorrow morning.

Comment

Thing about me is I've always thought we were smug animals, we're basically just livestock with a bit of brain-testosterone.

Yeah. We are all animals and we are all mad. That is the real truth and gawd love it!!!!

Comment

Gone to Skegness for the week as the Mrs and daughter love the beach and I was happy as where we were staying has a fishing lake.

However, today we have ventured to Fantasy Island and **** me, has there ever been such a hive of degenerates, pikeys, smack rats and other such unsavoury characters? It's like a living hell.

Can't wait to get back and do some fishing.

Comment

Oh my god, so many chavs dressed head to toe in knock off Nike gear with manbags/man purses.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Any chance it can be salvaged?

Irk: idiots on FB who keep sharing obviously fake news, even though people constantly link them to snopes. I've fallen for the odd clever satire in my day, but seriously people.... Mobile phones do not make cars explode. "The mother gave her mobile phone to the kids to play a game while she filled up (and then the car exploded)".... Why would playing a game be more dangerous than just having the phone sitting there? Although Pokemon Go.... In case anyone cares, they were filling up with LPG and the pump seal failed.

Also why would you share a vid of someone getting blown up on facebook. Ffs. Blocked.
                            I saw the same. What made the car blow up like that?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              I saw the same. What made the car blow up like that?
                              If you look on snopes, it's because something on the LPG filling device failed, so the tank exploded.

Comment

Listening to the R2 segment about Youtube Stars and why the rest of the media world is so disconnected from it. Youtube can unearth some treasure but man, utter drivel on the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X