Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A2 picture frame came in a plastic bag. Needless to say it was absolutely destroyed upon arrival. They asked me to send it back well packaged. I told them I'd send it back in the bag they sent it in and used royal mail's most expensive service and got refunded and then cancelled prime. Idiots.

Comment

Glad I’m not the only one who’s seen amazon getting worse over the past 2 years.

Comment

Their profit/loss algorithms have it all figured out. It’s obviously more profitable for them to annoy a few people with crappy deliveries and the hassle of returning stuff than to rethink their packaging philosophy.

Amazon Japan hasn’t reached the stage of bad packaging yet. Just huge boxes for everything. Considering the packaging fetish over here, I think we’re safe!

Comment

Another guy on his phone while driving. We’re all sitting in traffic doing about 10mph. This guy sat on his phone not once looking at the road for a good 200 yards.

5 GOD DAM TIMES I TOOTED before he even bothered looking up.

He undoes his window and goes what? At me. I told him I’ll shove that mobile up your arse and out the other side of your s**t eating grin if you don’t get off your phone.

Up his window goes and face goes white.

Comment

I once had a car behind me with the drivers face lit up from a Tablet on her knee while driving. She glanced up maybe twice on a 30mph stretch of road.

Comment

Weed will be legalised in Canada on October 17th, 2018.
              I'm buying shares in Doritos just before that happens.

Comment

We've been wanting to go back to Canada after our briefest of visits last year, but weed legalisation has brought it up a few notches on the destination list.

Mind you, we were in California for a week and didn't try any. Dunno why...

Comment

Scheduled power outage from 3AM to 6AM in my street. Forgot to mute UPS before going to bed so they BEEEEEPEEEEEED veemently when the power was cut. Woke up, muted them, went back to bed, after 30 minutes NAS beeped before the emergency shutdown triggered by the UPSes.
                  Note to self: remember to mute NAS too.

Comment

Somehow I can imagine legalising Cannabis in Canada will go fine. They'd be dumb as hell to legalise it here outside of medically controlled use though.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      Somehow I can imagine legalising Cannabis in Canada will go fine. They'd be dumb as hell to legalise it here outside of medically controlled use though.
                      Whenever I hear news like this and the country Canada in the title, I just think, ah Canada, they’ll be fine.

Comment

<insert film here> Cinematic Universe. I can't stand that term. Just say "The Star Wars films" like you used to before Iron Man came out.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It's definitely still too much of a go to for studios as a mindset. I'm not even sure it applies properly to Star Wars as so far they've not really put out a film that's that disconnected from the central arc. It's more just the films then two spin-offs.

Comment

It's all YOU, SF! The only ones to use the term as a label are Marvel. The rest is you, I tell you!

Comment

Midges. Went for a stroll last night, summer solstice wannit, to enjoy the late evening light. It was a beautiful night too, real clear, the sky stained orange and purple but, man, the bloody midges. I swear the same swarm followed me for over a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                It's all YOU, SF! The only ones to use the term as a label are Marvel. The rest is you, I tell you!

And Universal... but they have their own variation of the term called Failed Cinematic Universe

At least they keep the subforum tidy, there'd be hundreds of individual threads by now

Comment

Working...
                                X