Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never been to Blackpool but when I hear “pleasure beach” I can only imagine it is just like Miami Vice.

Comment

Bang on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        I have never been to Blackpool but when I hear “pleasure beach” I can only imagine it is just like Miami Vice.
        Exactly what Blackpool is like, yep.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          Exactly what Blackpool is like, yep.
          It's close, but I think you're all getting confused with Rhyl. Now that is like Miami Vice.

Comment

I'm so surprised no one has mentioned Great Yarmouth yet....🚔🍻🏰🍩🎢🤦

Comment

FUUUUUUUCK!!!

My phone glitched while on eBay and I've just bought a One X from a business that I don't want.

I've contacted them to see if they'll cancel but what are the chances of that happening?

Comment

Politics. Politicians. Political zealots.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  FUUUUUUUCK!!!

My phone glitched while on eBay and I've just bought a One X from a business that I don't want.

I've contacted them to see if they'll cancel but what are the chances of that happening?
                  Cool story bro.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                    It's close, but I think you're all getting confused with Rhyl. Now that is like Miami Vice.
                    I went to Rhyl all the time as a kid and it's depressing how far it has fallen.
                    I've joined a Facebook group with loads of old photos and just enjoy reliving the happy memories.

Glad you got it sorted, but it might be worth remembering the "Oh I meant to swipe back, but the phone gesture made me buy it!" as a future excuse!

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                    Politics. Politicians. Political zealots.
                    You can be supportive of a party, but still question them.
                    Politics on both side of the Atlantic seem so messed up at the minute and despite having more information at their fingertips than ever before, people are taking on face value what they are told by Fox News or see written on the side of a bus.

My irk is that I bought a Vita memory card through Amazon.
                    It went to the Post Office and I had to collect it and when I did, it was in an normal letter envelope and wrapped in a Post-It Note!
                    I hope it still works!

A Post-It Note!

Comment

FUUUUUUUCK!!!

Unlike the old days, ebay are more on the side of the buyer these days. You'll be fine I reckon. I'd be inclined to phone them, if you haven't already.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                        Cool story bro.
                        Nice.

Comment

Somehow ended up buying 9 video games today...

Comment

It irks me that there are loads of knock-off GoPro cameras, but they're all shaped like the original GoPro form factor and not like the "session" type cameras.

I've always disliked the original GoPro shale because the lens is not centralised on the camera body.

Some of the knock-offs are pretty decent; still waiting for one in the shape I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              It irks me that there are loads of knock-off GoPro cameras, but they're all shaped like the original GoPro form factor and not like the "session" type cameras.

I've always disliked the original GoPro shale because the lens is not centralised on the camera body.

Some of the knock-offs are pretty decent; still waiting for one in the shape I want.

How about the Hawkeye Firefly? I really want to get one to go on that Hot Wheels car with a camera mount!

Comment

TL: DR
                                Typing "System" gets System Information.
                                Typing "System Information" gets System.

I've moaned about how counter-intuitive Windows 10 is before, but it's just annoyingly contradictory.

Trying to put a laptop on a domain. Easiest way to do it is through System.
                                Windows key + Pause/Break pops it straight up.
                                Click on Change Settings and away we go.

A few modern laptops seemed to have dropped the Pause/Break button, so you have to navigate the menus or type what you're looking for.

Type in "System" and Windows suggests System Information, which is a totally different screen:

So instead, you start tying "System Information" and suddenly you get "System" as a suggestion!

Oh, you're typing Control Panel? Instead of the page you've always used for decades, have this flim-flam "user-friendly" page that doesn't do what you want.

I want to use Internet Explorer instead of Edge, please, because you don't seem to work properly with any webpage.
                                "Sorry, it doesn't exist on this PC. Use Edge."
                                I don't want Edge, wait what's this in the Edge options? Open in Exporer? So it IS installed!
                                "Well, yeah, but use Edge, it's really fast!"
                                BEGONE!

Comment

Working...
                                X