This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds a bit dodgy to me...

I don’t like the way eBay seemingly ‘forces’ sellers in the US to use their Global Shipping Program. I was after a set of PSA graded Pokémon cards and I asked the seller if we could avoid the GSP, he was more than happy to do the entire thing outside of eBay at a lower price.

Comment

My ipad runs like total crap now and there is sod all installed, won’t be getting another!

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
        That sounds a bit dodgy to me...

I don’t like the way eBay seemingly ‘forces’ sellers in the US to use their Global Shipping Program. I was after a set of PSA graded Pokémon cards and I asked the seller if we could avoid the GSP, he was more than happy to do the entire thing outside of eBay at a lower price.
        Looks like it’s not just me

Comment

Just received an apology email from them - seems like they blooped

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
            My ipad runs like total crap now and there is sod all installed, won’t be getting another!
            Best thing that happened was when i dropped and shattered my Ipad screen. I went out and bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab to replace it and the step up in performance was like going from a Ford Fiesta to a BMW M5.

Comment

PC was power cycling this morning... Maybe I pushed the OC too far. Sure a CMOS clear will patch things up but it's annoying to have to climb in my PC. Maybe I should Jerry rig an arcade button to my CMOS jumper.

Comment

Typhoon hitting tomorrow, may have to evacuate.

Comment

One of my fav youtube channels Pretty good gaming, Gareth had to let go of most of the people and Mike Williams one of the presenter is leaving. Did a video on there patreon explaining the financial situation and the Rubbish that Youtube "help" was feeding them

Comment

I feel a bit strange about tonight. We have a friend of my wife’s here for a week from Canada, and tonight in a pub we experienced a few younger people trying to be tough guys. It became a bit sadly dramatic but due to my wife’s influence I decided to step in and be a mediator, only to be threatened in return. Now, I’m no tough guy myself, but I’m certainly not shy about calling people out for being arseholes and the situation gradually diffused. We get in the cab home and Heather reveals the guy shoulder barged her while letting out a disparaging comment. I’m seething now. Before I met my wife, I’ll be honest, in the pub tonight I’d have done something that certainly wouldn’t win me any fans. I don’t know if it’s maturity, or simply old age, but I realised tonight how much I’ve changed as a person. Crazy.

The thing is, I know it’s going to eat away at me now that instead of stepping in and trying to be the nice guy, I’m going to be angry that I didn’t just give him the smack he deserved. Take pride in how more calm I am now, or be irritated I let an absolute arse feel he was free to say whatever? Not sure I’m happy with either. Ten years ago I’d have just let him have it.

Comment

We were on the train Saturday night and when we got off my wife said someone had been feeling her leg so she moved away a bit.

She's told me before that it's easy for blokes to say "why didn't you..." afterwards but that, at the time, you're usually frozen/not thinking clearly. Bearing that in mind, I didn't go all "you should've told me etc etc!!! I would've bottled the geezer!" but I did ask her why she didn't tell me.

She asked what I could've done if I'd told her.

Truth be told, I have to be very careful because I'll lose my work visa if I have a run-in with the cops.

I think there is a new layer of thought that materialises when we get married. Prior to that, we only really have to worry about ourselves. Get in a fight? Splash some TCP on it, crack open a beer and stfu. But now there's someone directly affected by my actions. Not even just emotionally, but financially as well. My wife's the same. She used to be adventurous on holiday, going to dodgy countries alone, but is now really careful.

Comment

I woke up this morning feeling like I made a Jazzfunk post.

In retrospect I’m glad im not as hot headed as I once was. Still bloody annoyed though.

Comment

Not nearly enough weed for a JazzFunk post

Comment

I think it's good we all have grown as people.

We'll always have "I should have..." moments when we reflect on protecting/defending loved ones, it's part nature, part pop culture influences.

Comment

New place isn't ready as soon as we hoped so we've been given a 4 hour time slot on Friday to move it. I've booked a 10' moving van to load up on Thursday night ready to drive 300 metres and offload Friday evening. What a palava. Naturally, I'm working Thursday and Friday, but then off for a long weekend of unpacking before school starts.

5 hour drive to Jasper this morning and I managed to get 4 hours of actual sleep beforehand.

Comment

I'm off work this week. No plans but had to take a week before end of September as my company have changed the holiday year from Jan - Dec to Oct - Sept (why I don't know).

I've had quite a chilled time: played some games, been on some nice long walks with the wife and Nancy (Harry at nursery), had some nice lunches (offset by the walking).

Anyway, I got a call yesterday, from work, on my private mobile!! A call about something completely pointless that could have waited until I got back on Tuesday.

To say I'm annoyed is an understatement. I actually phoned my boss and asked her what people were playing at.

I am so fed up with being taken for a mug. I've had no pay review in 3 years, no review (be it monthly 1-2-1 or annual appraisal for two years), just more and more work with less and less gratitude.

It's got to the point where my wife has turned round and said to hand my notice in when I get back. I have to give 3 months so finding a job in that time should be relatively straight forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X