No announcement yet.

Film of the Year 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the same thing when my friend suggested it, but general release in the UK was the 16th January.

Comment

Ah okay. Then I can add that to my list.

Comment

For film of the year, Mission Impossible Rogue Nation would have gotten in but if I'm really objective and set aside the plot repeat aspects of Force Awakens... I think it nabs its place...

So. Based on the 18 cinema releases I managed to catch this year.

Film of the Year
        -Mad Max: Fury Road
        -Big Hero 6
        -Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Worst Film of the Year
        -The Fantastic Four
        -The Man from U.N.C.L.E
        -Inside Out

I expect Inside Out is the most controversial but even with the passing of time... it's not bad. Just very thin.

Comment

Best films:
          - Avengers: Age of Ultron
          - Star Wars: The Force Awakens
          - Big Hero 6

Worst
          - tbh I haven't seen any genuinely bad films this year

It was a toss-up between Star Wars and the Avengers, but even though I loved The Force Awakens, nothing in it compared to that whole bit in Avengers with

The Vision

. Best movie moment in ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            For film of the year, Mission Impossible Rogue Nation would have gotten in but if I'm really objective and set aside the plot repeat aspects of Force Awakens... I think it nabs its place...

So. Based on the 18 cinema releases I managed to catch this year.

Film of the Year
            -Mad Max: Fury Road
            -Big Hero 6
            -Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Worst Film of the Year
            -The Fantastic Four
            -The Man from U.N.C.L.E
            -Inside Out

I expect Inside Out is the most controversial but even with the passing of time... it's not bad. Just very thin.
            Thin?! I thought it was the most complex, deep and brilliant "kids" film ever!

Comment

For me, many read into the film what wasn't there. The emotions are pretty much two dimensional characters by nature who go on a fairly dull journey that excludes three of the five. Riley's journey is very simple too, she's sad about moving but gets over it. The film takes place over about 2-3 days. It's certainly a rich subject but I don't feel Inside Out is successful at mining it, its over simplified.

Comment

Three days remaining to cast your votes!

Comment

For me, many read into the film what wasn't there. The emotions are pretty much two dimensional characters by nature who go on a fairly dull journey that excludes three of the five. Riley's journey is very simple too, she's sad about moving but gets over it. The film takes place over about 2-3 days. It's certainly a rich subject but I don't feel Inside Out is successful at mining it, its over simplified.
                  Very interetsing perspective! I have the blu ray for a second watch so will see how that goes. I loved a lot of the auxiliary humour as well, such as opinions and facts getting mixed up. It could be fleshed out in a sequel. Would love that, seeing Riley grow up in a similar way to how we saw Andy grow up.

Comment

It's one of the Pixar films that would probably benefit a lot from a sequel. The film jokes about the puberty button at the end but it's a perfect launch pad into follow up, there's certainly a lot to mine from it. It's kind of what disappointed me about the other characters. They play each humans emotions for laughs with their variants of each of the 5 emotions but there'd be a lot to get out of playing out the mindset of parents. It's like the honest trailers vid that points out all the absent emotions. It's done well though so we might well get one.

Comment

Best:
                      1) Whiplash
                      2) Madmax
                      3) Starwars

Worst:
                      1) Jurassic World
                      2) Terminator
                      3) er...

I've not seen a number of big films this year unfortunately, seem to be doing better with TV shows!

Comment

Not watched too many films coming out in 2015, so my choice is therefore quite limited.

Best:
                        1. The Signal
                        2. John Wick
                        3. Whiplash

Worst:
                        1. Blackhat
                        2. Terminator: Genysis
                        3. Jurassic World

Comment

It's one of the Pixar films that would probably benefit a lot from a sequel. The film jokes about the puberty button at the end but it's a perfect launch pad into follow up, there's certainly a lot to mine from it. It's kind of what disappointed me about the other characters. They play each humans emotions for laughs with their variants of each of the 5 emotions but there'd be a lot to get out of playing out the mindset of parents. It's like the honest trailers vid that points out all the absent emotions. It's done well though so we might well get one.

Its done well, and its not a bad film...but its on a list of the worst films of 2015?

dude!!!

Comment

Best:
                            1. Star Wars
                            2. John Wick
                            3. Jurassic World

Worst:

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                              Its done well, and its not a bad film...but its on a list of the worst films of 2015?

dude!!!
                              If I ranked it against all the films I've seen this year it wouldn't rank but out of the 18 or so new films I went to see at the cinema it's pretty low on the order I'd want to sit and rewatch right now.

Comment

There's a short on the BD "Riley's First Date" which is exactly that. The dad's is quite similar to the bit on Woody Allen's Everything Yoy Wanted To Know About Sex where Allen plays a sperm. Maybe they get a few pets too.

Comment

Working...
                                X