minimum requirements for MAME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minimum requirements for MAME

So today at work I was given one of these...

Along with one of these monitors...

And I was just curious if it would be sufficient for MAME use?

The Monitor will see some TATE action with the 360 for a bit too

Thanks

Neil

that will run mame no problem

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
      that will run mame no problem
      Thanks I thought it would be ok

Now I just need to find out where to get MAME & how to set it all up

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        Thanks I thought it would be ok

Now I just need to find out where to get MAME & how to set it all up

Neil

think the forum on there will provide everythung you need

Comment

Dammit! Google joke ruined!
          But seriously, wouldn't mind setting up a MAME-centric station for myself...

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
            Dammit! Google joke ruined!
            But seriously, wouldn't mind setting up a MAME-centric station for myself...
            If you're not wanting to emulate the more recent 3D stuff, the Raspberry Pi 2 and the RetroPie distro can provide this for ?30 ( okay, so you'll need a monitor, case, keyboard, mouse, 5v 1A PSU, controller & MicroSD card too ).
            Last edited by MartyG; 01-01-2016, 10:07.

Comment

An original Xbox can do all but a few, mainly recent titles so something like that PC should do just about anything.

Coinops

Comment

An original xbox with fully loaded coinops is a wonder to behold.. but I've never owned one. Micro pc with emulator is good stuffings.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
                  An original Xbox can do all but a few, mainly recent titles so something like that PC should do just about anything.

Coinops
                  I've heard about Coinops but not really looked into it...maybe I should

Neil

Comment

This will cream mame. consider this, my 766mhz could run all classic mame titles in 2001. I had to slightly upgrade my cpu to get full frames from esp ra de.

Comment

I’ve been looking at mini PCs based on the i5 7200u, which has HD620 graphics built in. The videos showed it running PS2, Cube and PSP emulators running at full speed, albeit at native resolution. It can also handle video playback at full native 3840x2160 4K, all of which is well impressive for such a little box...

Now what I’m wondering is if it would be able to handle 2D emulation at 4K? SNES, Neo Geo, CPS2... everything up to GBA I suppose.

If the 7200u isn’t capable of 4K retro gaming, then what CPU or CPU/discrete GPU combo are we looking at, and what would you have to go up to to get Dreamcast or Gamecube running at 4K? These new Ryzen APU jobbies seem quite impressive?

Comment

Working...
                      X