Indie film thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indie film thread

Ok, so we just had the 2015 film of the year and i think there are a lot a little gems that have passed through peoples nets, with almost predictable choices from many of us...myself included. So i think its time this thread started to appreciate the smaller films which don't otherwise get much of a mention.

I'll start with a few of my favorites from the last 2 or 3 years

The Spectacular Now

What if we had what is essentially a teen flick, but handled its characters with absolute respect? This it that film.

The Way Way Back

It helps that i think sam rockwell is generally brilliant, but this film is just superb with bags and bags of heart, nice to see steve carell get cast as a tosser for once too.

Like Father, Like Son

Japanese choice here but its probably the best film out of japan in the last few years at least. Touching and absolutely beautifully played out tale of mixed up children at birth, and the families struggle to adapt in the aftermath.

Any more recommendations?

It doesn't look like this thread went anywhere last time, but let's revive it anyway.

This new indie film is from the same people that brought you the documentary Ecstasy of Order: The Tetris Masters. This one is about palindromes: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...ty-animation#/ - could be a Mega Gem.

Comment

Working...
    X