Assassin's Creed VII: Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assassin's Creed VII: Empire

Assassin's Creed's next major entry is allegedly set in ancient Egypt and will serve as a prequel to the entire series,…

If the info proves to be true it looks like the next AC entry will be a prequel to the entire franchise and will be set in Egypt. The current working subtitle of Empire and the aim seems to be to make the series a little more Witcher like with freeform combat and horseback riding making a return with the Black Flag team on development duties.

If the rumours are true it also points to a release in 2017 as a result of not wanting to launch to poor responses as Ubisoft is said to want an AC2 style trilogy out of this entry.

That's great. Haven't played a single game in the franchise outside of an initial demo play but the franchise was quickly moving to the 20th century. Could be interesting but I don't know if fits the world of AC; no haystacks. Rome, Egypt, all that would be pretty cool. They have to do a China some time, too. (That sidescroller doesn't count.)

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to see the series shift it's gaze eastward and to the past, and feel China would make an excellent setting: the Tang dynasty, the Great Wall, the Guilin hills, Confucians, Taoists, fabled poets. I can't imagine a finer setting or richer culture to freshen up the series.

Comment

Ubisoft has officially confirmed that there will not be a new mainline Assassin's Creed game this year."This year, we a…

Ubisoft has officially confirmed that there will be now mainline Assassins Creed game released this year meaning this will likely be late 2017 at the earliest.

Comment

Working...
        X