Rocky VIII: Creed 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky VIII: Creed 2

Sylvester Stallone has made a decision regarding his two most iconic characters – putting one in the retirement home for good, and giving the other at least one more time to shine. Speaking with Variety, the actor revealed that a sequel to “Creed” is a certainty and he’ll be back to play Rocky Balboa again. […]

Sylvester Stallone has revealed that a sequel to the new Creed entry is going to move ahead. He's also open to returning in the role of Balboa again as the saga of the Rocky Legacy marches on.

Also, for Rambo fans, Stallone has confirmed that he's cancelled Rambo 5 and won't be returning to the character as he says at this point he couldn't do a better entry than the last one so it's best to walk away.

MGM is reportedly targeting a November 2017 release date for the sequel to “Creed,” last year’s highly acclaimed “Rocky” franchise spin-off film that has essentially re-invigorated the series. That date would put it coming out two years after the first film’s release, but the big question is that of director Ryan Coogler’s involvement – something […]

MGM is said to be aiming for November 2017 release but Coogler looks unlikely to direct again

Comment

Following both the critical and box-office success of Ryan Coogler’s “Creed,” talk quickly surfaced of a potential sequel that would continue the story of Michael B. Jordan’s Adonis Creed. Around the same time Sylvester Stallone announced that he was retiring John Rambo from the screen and had no intention to play that character again, but […]

Stallone is now sounding less sure about returning

Comment

Sounds like production will start quite soon on this. If Stallone is out I won't lie, I'll really struggle with this. The first film was good but Rocky remained the only really interesting part of it.

Comment

Standing at 6’4″ and weighing 245 pounds, 27-year-old Romanian boxer Florian ‘Big Nasty’ Munteanu has been cast in the role of the son of Ivan Drago (Dolph Lundgren) in the upcoming sequel to the “Rocky” spin-off film “Creed” according to The Tracking Board. Munteanu’s character will fight Michael B. Jordan’s Adonis Creed in the ring, […]

Romanian boxer Florian Munteanu has been cast as Drago's son in Creed 2

Comment

I liked Rocky well enough in the first Creed, but Creed's son was completely devoid of character. It's like they cast for someone the polar opposite of his dad. I know Creed junior had a troubled upbringing etc but it was a massive wasted opportunity. Troubled doesn't have to mean boring as hell. As things stand I really don't care what happens to him.

Comment

That's one of my issues with the first Creed. I'd much, much prefer it if this was simply Rocky VIII as if Stallone ever dropped out I'd stop watching. Creed himself offers no interest and every scene solely focused on his life (a lot of the film) drags.

Comment

Maybe he'll come out of his shell in this one and don the America outfit?

I doubt it, but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                  Maybe he'll come out of his shell in this one and don the America outfit?

I doubt it, but you never know.
                  He'll have to toot up a load of marching powder to get that day and night personality switch going but that in itself could be a good storyline:

"But I thought it was creatine Rock. Look I'm making mad gains. You mirin brah?"

*Rocky mumbles semi coherently*

"See Rock, you just gone off them Ludes"

*Rocky crawls to his van and opens door with his feet*

I can see it now...

Comment

CRACKY VIII: WEED 2

Comment

First trailer is up:

Comment

With the notable exception of the fifth film, the “Rocky” franchise has had a pretty good track record for quality, and 2015’s spin-off “Creed” only enhanced that. The Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone-led film cost a tight $35 million, made an impressive $175 million and earned some of the year’s best reviews along with […]

Lundgren says he almost turned the film down because of the risk of hurting fan expectations by bringing back Drago old.

Comment

Second trailer, pretty decent one this one:

Comment

Also a nice touch

Comment

This looks really good.

Comment

Working...
                              X