Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Rickman dies aged 69 (Snape / Hans Gruber)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan Rickman dies aged 69 (Snape / Hans Gruber)

Loved him as an actor and another who will be missed

Much-loved star of stage, TV and films including Harry Potter and Die Hard – and owner of one of the most singular voices in acting ­– has died in London

Cancer again
    Last edited by buster_broon; 14-01-2016, 13:35.

Saw this on twitter. What a crappy week. He was excellent and just oozed character. I love him in Galaxy Quest in particular.

Comment

If 2016 was a person it would deserve one of those dry sarcastic slow claps for the way its introduced itself to the New Year party.

They say celebs always die in 3's so hopefully that's it for a while. Another one where I had no clue he was even ill.

Another one that was brilliant in everything I saw him in. His Sheriff of Nottingham will never be bested, let alone his role as Gruber and numerous other works.

Comment

Gutted!

I would have loved to have met him.

I said to my wife that he'd have been a brilliant dinner guest.
        He could regale me with tales of Die Hard and her with whimsical anecdotes about Potter and Love Actually.
        Last edited by QualityChimp; 14-01-2016, 12:19.

Comment

What a ****ty start to the yr. Lemmie, Bowie & now Rickman. 3 Legends. Can't believe it. RIP Mr Gruber

Comment

He will be remembered for Dogma.

Comment

Aye anything he was in, his performance was top drawer, even if the movie itself wasn't the best he was always good

I forgot about galaxy quest time to watch it again me thinks, I did die hard over the festive period and the movie itself just doesn't age at all

My partner is Harry Potter daft so she isn't happy either

Comment

Great actor, very sad. Echo busters comments that his performance could elevate so so films.

Comment

I struggle to think of anything he was in where he didn't practically steal the show

Comment

I can't believe nobody's mentioned Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves yet!
                    Sheriff of Nottingham: Wait a minute. Robin Hood steals money from my pocket, forcing me to hurt the public, and they love him for it?
                    [Scribe nods]
                    Sheriff of Nottingham: That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.

I really liked him in Truly, Madly, Deeply too and he was perfect as the voice of Marvin the paranoid android.

Comment

By Grabthar's hammer. I am gutted by this news.

Comment

This news has dug my heart out with a spoon

Rickman was top notch. RIP

Comment

He still has two movies to be released

Eye in the sky and he voices the caterpillar in Alice through the looking glass for April and May release respectively

Comment

Abysmal news. A fine actor who will be sorely missed.

Gruber, Nottingham, Snape. A trio of stunning performances that holds the audience in awe. The Prince's Tale flashback in Deathly Hallows is the finest moment in any of the Potter films, mostly due to Rickman's ability.

Comment

Dogma.
                              Truly, Madly, Deeply.
                              Galaxy Quest.

Hell, he stole Love Actually playing an absolute arsehat!

Comment

Working...
                              X