Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Rickman dies aged 69 (Snape / Hans Gruber)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw this news on the Guardian. As soon as I saw his picture and `We`re all devastated`heart sank a bit.

He was one of those very peculiarly, uniquely British actors who embody a very British type of onscreen presence.

He was Snape as noone else could be, I think, and had many overlooked but excellent roles. His was even the only watchable and likeable character in the otherwise horrid Love Actually.

Like Philip Seymour Hoffman I would have liked to see him grow old into different roles. Not to be, sadly.

I feel for the family and for him. What short lives we lead. Bye, Alan.

Comment

*sigh* another British legend dead. Is Death going after 69 and 70 year olds currently? Please Death, Donald Trump is 69, go after him

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      If 2016 was a person it would deserve one of those dry sarcastic slow claps for the way its introduced itself to the New Year party.
      Welcome to the party, pal!
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Genuinely shocked and saddened about his death, one of my favorite actors.

Honestly thought I had misread the news when it was announced just after 1 this afternoon.

He played many villains, some moody heroes (even a robot) and of course Colonel Brandon in Sense and Sensibility.
        Really, really sad. Such a loss

Comment

Its really sad news, not only because rickman was brilliant and unique, but also because my own father is 67 and his doom mongering has reached new heights with this and bowie.

Comment

Working...
          X