Blizzcon 2018 - 'Do you guys not have phones?'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
    Blizzard China's statement on the initial ban very much politicised their response and stance. It strongly suggests that it was the pro-Hong Kong support that was the actual issue.
    Probably a rationalisation after the fact; the PR guys at Blizzard China are chasing those "citizenship points".

But still, Blizzard can go **** themselves.

Comment

It's not just Blizzard, money clearly speaks louder than human rights as the NBA is at it too; they're currently trying to break into the Chinese market which is worth billions to them and kicked fans out of a game for supporting Hong Kong: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a9148721.html

Out favourite gaming player, Tencent, has a $1.5 billion contract with them for streaming rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        Probably a rationalisation after the fact; the PR guys at Blizzard China are chasing those "citizenship points".
        Yes, although it destroys any legitimacy if the very thing you punish, you then do in your response.

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        It's not just Blizzard, money clearly speaks louder than human rights as the NBA is at it too; they're currently trying to break into the Chinese market which is worth billions to them and kicked fans out of a game for supporting Hong Kong: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a9148721.html

Out favourite gaming player, Tencent, has a $1.5 billion contract with them for streaming rights.
        There's a reddit thread where someone has compiled a list of US and International companies that have taken a pro-China stance in the recent Hong Kong protests.

Comment

This is a major problem all over and it has been before these protests. China is still a horrendous abuser of human rights and has been for as long as I have been alive and yet what is different now is that people are making huge amounts of money from China and so are just sweeping it under the carpet in ways they wouldn’t have two or three decades ago. Or actively supporting them.

Comment

I guess all those Keyboard warriors on RestEra will be getting rid of their PS4's and their Switch systems given they're all made in China

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              I guess all those Keyboard warriors on RestEra will be getting rid of their PS4's and their Switch systems given they're all made in China
              I think you're right. We are all so tied in to China whether we like it or not. So many products we use are made in China and the world economy is linked tightly with it too. How many tweets in solidarity with Hong Kong are being done on an I-phone made in china?

Comment

This will only end when HK gives in to China it seems, the writing was on the wall the second China walked into being a Dictatorship

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  I think you're right. We are all so tied in to China whether we like it or not. So many products we use are made in China and the world economy is linked tightly with it too. How many tweets in solidarity with Hong Kong are being done on an I-phone made in china?
                  Completely true but that doesn't mean you can't still protest or object to what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    Doesn't work like that, though. Otherwise you end up being one of those people who asks the protestors for Extinction Rebellion about if they know who made their shoes, and why they aren't protesting barefoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      Extinction Rebellion about if they know who made their shoes, and why they aren't protesting barefoot.

Those work-shy lossers don't see to know who makes their Smartphones and that Social Media is one of the biggest sectors for Carbon along with the fashion industry. Still, I guess it's better than work.

Comment

To protest Chinese human rights abuses or the lack of action regarding climate change, you must simply not ever use anything made in China or anything which has any link to carbon production. Yeah makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          To protest Chinese human rights abuses or the lack of action regarding climate change, you must simply not ever use anything made in China or anything which has any link to carbon production. Yeah makes sense.
                          Well if you want 'change'.

Comment

I'm sure you'd definitely take the Extinction Rebellion protestors more seriously if they renounced all technology, lived in the woods, travelled everywhere by walking and made their own clothes!

Comment

I'm sure you'd definitely take the Extinction Rebellion protestors more seriously if they renounced all technology, lived in the woods, travelled everywhere by walking and made their own clothes!
                              They should really. Seeing people like Emma Thompson tell it how it is, despite her having more flights in one year than I've had in 40. I bet 99% of them are the biggest hypocrites going.

Comment

Yeah, I would, until then they're part of the problem . I think I should join them really. Have a laugh get stoned and forget about work LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X