Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As unfair as this may sound, I can no longer go back to the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post

As unfair as this may sound, I can no longer go back to the original.
      It's a damn good cover... but better than the original? That's a bold statement.
      Last edited by Zen Monkey; 06-08-2019, 09:53.

Comment

Not long now, folks...

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

Not long now, folks...
          What think you?

My initial reaction was one of underwhelment. It’s growing on me. There’s nothing wrong with it - it just seems a bit flat.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
            What think you?

My initial reaction was one of underwhelment. It’s growing on me. There’s nothing wrong with it - it just seems a bit flat.
            I've only listened a couple of times so far; it does feel like a very by-the-numbers Tool track, but I can cope with that, and I do like it. The inevitale closing couple of minutes after the build up are nice, but not mindblowing. Biggest relief is that they can still write and play like this, but am definitely looking for something I've not heard before on the album, which this isn't.

Comment

Forgot how much I love this song.

Comment

Comment

Today, Zen Monkey is listening to this superb track by Dreamcatcher:

Zen Monkey is also listening to the new M83, DVII. He thinks it's basically M83's Final Fantasy soundtrack. He likes this.

Comment

I've listened to the new Tool album a couple of times, it's epic.

Comment

I enjoyed my first couple of listens, but I'm already not finding myself drawn to keep going back. Maybe it'll need time; I know 10,000 Days took a bit of time before the revisit where it clicked too.

Today though?

Bloody hell, this album is very good.

Comment

New Pixies and Bruce Springsteen albums ... there's life in the old dogs yet.

Comment

I do like to think Zen Monkey is away from the forum, living his best life, listening to the new Lightning Bolt

Comment

A bit of a mix lol
                            Last edited by eastyy; 03-11-2019, 16:25.

Comment

Big fan of this Telefon Tel Aviv number that Zen Monkey's spinning today

Comment

Torgny is a Norwegian artist with some amazing tracks (check out his Cut and Run tracks in particular). He has a new collection out today that's mostly odd but I find myself fascinated by this track which seems to be a musical letter to Kathryn Bigelow.

Comment

Working...
                                X