Ganbare Goemon 2 - 1993
    Zombies Ate My Neighbors - 1993
    Sunset Riders - 1993
    The Adventures of Batman & Robin - 1994
    Sparkster - 1994
    Biker Mice from Mars - 1994
    ISS Deluxe - 1995
    Dracula X - 1995

Here we have a collection of SNES games published by Konami. Choose 3 that you like the most.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 30-07-2019, 19:29.

Goemon 2
    Goemon 1
    Parodius

Back then Konami was a powerhouse for both famicom & super famicom.

Comment

Gradius III
      Castlevania IV
      Sunset Riders

Wanted to pick ISS Deluxe, but I played it recently and I found get on with it. I used to play it loads.

Zombies Ate My Nature tho lol

Comment

This is a tough one ... such an amazing line-up of games ... but I'm going for:

Turtles In Time
        Cybernator
        Castlevania IV

I've got such fond memories of Cybernator/Valken. I drove to Dream Machines in Hartlepool one night after work to buy Super Star Wars and when I got there they'd just got Assault Suits Valken in and it was running in the shop. Stunning game ... I changed my plan as soon as I saw it. And that Japanese box too

Honourable mentions got to Axelay (one I didn't like back in the day but love now) and Contra, which was the first import game I ever bought after reading the Mean Machines review. I was pretty rubbish at it once the difficulty kicked in though

Comment

Axelay
          Cybernator
          Tiny Toons Adventures

Obviously Cybernator wasn't developed by Konami, but back in the 90s if it had a Konami logo on it, you knew you were getting the best of the best.

Comment

To be honest you can't include Prince of Persia or Cybernator (assault suit valken) since they are both NCS Misaya games. Konami censored both of those for the western market. Zombies Ate my Neighbour is actually a Lucas Arts game so that shouldn't be included either.

As for Konami developed games I'd go with TMNT in Time, Dracula x(for the uncensored JPN ver.) and Axelay.

You're also missing a crap load of Japanese exclusives too. MADARA 2 is a fantastic RPG with great soundtrack. Goemon 2 3 and 4 also worth a look.
            Last edited by Yakumo; 31-07-2019, 02:16.

Comment

Castlevania IV - my fav 16 bit cart game of that gen .

Contra 3 - Amazing game and awesome soundtrack

POP - The best version of this classic

Konami were to the Snes, what EA was to the Mega Drive

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                To be honest you can include Prince of Persia or Cybernator (assault suit valken) since they are both NCS Misaya games. Konami censored both of those for the western market. Zombies Ate my Neighbour is actually a Lucas Arts game so that shouldn't be included either.
                To be fair, Leon did title the post as "Konami published" games so I assume most of us know this, but it would be interesting to do a strictly Konami developed selection too.

Comment

It's meant to be about Konami published games though, isn't it? Not just developed ones.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Goemon 2
                    Goemon 1
                    Parodius
                    Truly magical games.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Back then Konami was a powerhouse for both famicom & super famicom.
                    Yeah, you could always count on Konami when it came to delivering great games.

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    Sunset Riders
                    It's interesting that you chose Sunset Riders -- not many people mention it as a SNES game. Definitely a great port that's lots of fun to play through.

Wanted to pick ISS Deluxe, but I played it recently and I found get on with it. I used to play it loads.
                    Yeah, it's quite clunky now. I find a lot of really retro football games annoying to play. Have been spoiled by what Konami delivered in later years.

Zombies Ate My Nature tho lol
                    Eco warriors must stop zombies from devouring the Earth's resources.

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    to buy Super Star Wars and when I got there they'd just got Assault Suits Valken in and it was running in the shop. Stunning game .
                    I like Super Star Wars, but Cybernator is totally awesome.

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Honourable mentions got to Axelay (one I didn't like back in the day but love now) and Contra, which was the first import game I ever bought after reading the Mean Machines review. I was pretty rubbish at it once the difficulty kicked in though
                    Axelay is easily my favourite shoot 'em up -- love everything about it.

I loved the Contra Spirits review in Mean Machines.

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                    Tiny Toons Adventures
                    I remember being surprised by how great Tiny Toons is on the SNES. Konami could do no wrong.

but back in the 90s if it had a Konami logo on it, you knew you were getting the best of the best.
                    That's 100% correct.

To be honest you can include Prince of Persia or Cybernator (assault suit valken) since they are both NCS Misaya games. Konami censored both of those for the western market. Zombies Ate my Neighbour is actually a Lucas Arts game so that shouldn't be included either.
                    I was fully aware of the status of those games. I really wanted to include them, as they're top quality games that Konami deemed good enough to be published by them. I think a lot of gamers in the West will recognise an association between those games and Konami.

I can appreciate your strict point of view, but I'm not writing an essay on Konami's in-house games.

As for Konami developed games I'd go with TMNT in Time, Dracula x(for the uncensored JPN ver.) and Axelay.
                    I've always loved how vibrant and fun Turtles in Time is. Konami did a brilliant job with the hardware.

You're also missing a crap load of Japanese exclusives too. MADARA 2 is a fantastic RPG with great soundtrack. Goemon 2 3 and 4 also worth a look.
                    I included the excellent Goemon 2; I decided against the lesser known 3 & 4. I wouldn't say a "crap load" of games are missing, but there are certainly a few. I don't think they have the high status the games included have -- especially in the West.

Also, if someone prefers the 'Japanese' version of any of the games, it's great to see details as to why. Castlevania IV is best played in its original Japanese guise, as the Western version is censored.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    Castlevania IV - my fav 16 bit cart game of that gen .
                    It really is a brilliant masterpiece. Everything about it is well-crafted and inspiring.

Contra 3 - Amazing game and awesome soundtrack
                    The music is beyond incredible. It really is amazing how the developer crafted such a perfect run-'n-gun experience.

POP - The best version of this classic
                    Yeah, there's something extra gripping about the SNES version.

but it would be interesting to do a strictly Konami developed selection too.
                    I'm not forcing people to choose the games that were simply published by Konami.

Anyway, most[17/20] of them were developed by Konami.

Will someone choose Prince of Persia, Cybernator, and Zombies Ate my Neighbors? All three are top quality.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    It's meant to be about Konami published games though, isn't it? Not just developed ones.
                    I made sure to put "published" in the title to hopefully avoid people saying Cybernator etc.. weren't developed by Konami. First and foremost -- I really wanted to include 'Cybernator', as lots of people associate it with Konami. So I thought I may as well include other Konami published games.

Obviously no-one has to pick a 'published only' game if they feel they'e inappropriate. I'd personally always choose Castlevania IV, Contra III and Axelay. I'm also big fan of Cybernator.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 30-07-2019, 22:28.

Comment

To be fair, Leon did title the post as "Konami published" games so I assume most of us know this, but it would be interesting to do a strictly Konami developed selection too.
                      Yeah, that's true. It's just something that has always annoyed me when a publisher gets the credit for a game they never devolved. EA being praised for Sokyugurentai for example or the dicks at Acclaim for many Taito games released in the West.

Comment

EA being praised for Sokyugurentai
                        Also, the PlayStation version was published by Data East. I think most gamers can recognise developers from publishers, so they would know Raizing developed Soukyugurentai.

When it comes to Cybernator, I know that lots of people consider it to be a top quality addition to Konami's SNES catalogue. People that were really into the game probably did discover its original Japanese title and the developer behind it.

If someone chooses Cybernator, it's testament to how good it is. I think it's great that Konami promoted such an important SNES game in the West.

Comment

Yeah, that's true. It's just something that has always annoyed me when a publisher gets the credit for a game they never devolved. EA being praised for Sokyugurentai for example or the dicks at Acclaim for many Taito games released in the West.
                          I find it more annoying when Nintendo fans give NCL credit for the likes of Pokemon or the hundreds of Games that Nintendo outsoruce and where only Nintendo get the credit for the games (only when they are good mind, if rubbish let's blame Artoon ect LOL).

I was happy and thankful that Acclaim looked to bring the shooters to the west too, and I thought Acclaim was a half decent developer in the old days, really good on the N64

Comment

Konami was king of the snes, awesome games hard to get a top three.

Castlevania IV.
                            Contra III.
                            Axelay.

Close behind, pop n twinbee and turtles in time.

Comment

OG ISS. Never played a better football game in the last 20 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X