TCU: Transformers Bumblebee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCU: Transformers Bumblebee

Paramount Pictures has begun to make public its ambitious plans for the “Transformers” franchise with word today of release dates for three more sequels in the series to be released annually starting next Summer. “Transformers 5,” featuring a script by Ken Nolan (“Black Hawk Down”), Art Marcum & Matt Holloway (“Iron Man”), is targeting a […]

It's all going like the F&F franchise as a new director will take over when Transformers Bumblebee as its rumoured to be releases a mere year after TF5 in 2018.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 12-02-2016, 20:16.

Paramount Pictures kicked off its CinemaCon presentation this evening with a clip from Bumblebee, the spinoff of its Transformers franchise.

The final entry into the old Transformers canon comes out later this year and got a bit of a showcase at Cinemacon. The spin-off shows VW Beetle Bumblebee hiding out in the 80's in a Junkyard when the owners daughter finds him and in this canon is the one who gives Bumblebee his name.

Comment

So, this is canon because it happens before all the other TF movies?

Then are they rebooting the whole series after that?

I really wish these films were good and the transformers didn't look so scrappy.

Comment

Yep, it was the first of the non-mainline films of the planned Transformers Cinematic Universe they managed to get off the line.

They released Transformers: The Last Knight but after it tanked Hasbro axed the entire franchise stating that it and Paramount would instead reboot the entire thing. However, by this point Bumblebee was already wrapping up its filming so at this point the film is merely a leftover of an already cancelled canon.

Comment

Like the twinkling of a star that takes so long to reach us that the star has already burned out.

Comment

A star nearby the planet Cybertron...

Still, can't be worse than Last Knight... right? Right?!

Comment

Dunno mate.

I've only seen the first film as I've not heard a single good thing about any of the sequels.

Those robots are uuuuugly.

I might try and find that extinction one in 3D as there are a couple of nice Lambos in it.
              Actually, I've just looked. Lockdown is in Extinction and HotRod is in Last Knight.

This is one franchise I'm actually looking forward to Hollywood rebooting!

Comment

If you use your experience of the first film as a benchmark:

TF > TF3: TDOTM > TF2: ROTF > TF4: AOE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TF5: TLK

I've been very forgiving of the franchise but I genuinely cannot express the honest scale of just how bad the last film is even in the microcosm of comparison against just its sibling entries.

Comment

Why is it so bad?

That's a lot of ">" behind already poor films!

Comment

It semi-retcons what has gone before whilst introducing the most bizarre King Arthur legend flashback into the mix. With the other four there's also a sense that they aren't good TF films but have some semblance of trying to be somewhat fun big screen action-fests whereas in Last Knight the acting takes a severe plunge, the plot makes no sense at all and there's a strong whiff that Bay was completely over the series by this point. There's been tales that the TCU writers room merged multiple script concepts to throw Last Knight together in time and it reeks of it.

Even for fans it makes no sense, previously TF's are magically alive again, the Earth is Unicron for no reason etc. It's just an incoherent, much worse made and hard to sit through mess of a film. Like the series finally reached the zenith of all that's disliked about it.

I'll very happily take a reboot of the whole thing, unless they utterly waste the opportunity again for some G1 design goodness

Comment

its a weird situation, the transformer designs are so complex that often the action scenes just look like a complete mess. The most iconic scene for me from all the movies is right at the start of the first film when Blackout attacks the army base, the lighting the heft and the destruction he dishes out was just a perfect proof of concept that this could really work. Then you get a better look at the transformers and you realize how messy they are, and how over complicated they have made the designs. This killed the franchise for me and i think the potential is still their as even with the appalling scripts and bad designs they have brought in an absolute fortune over the years.

Big robots fighting a war on earth shouldn't be this hard to do we don't need to over do the human angle as nobody goes to see a transformers film for Shia Lebouf. Id love to see a reboot of this with less messy robots, skinny prime can do one as far as I'm concerned, we need a solid looking heft to give the transformers a real weight too them, and a film where the transformers take center stage.

Comment

I've only seen the first two TF films but they were huge disappointments. Agree that the design of the robots just sucked. What were they thinking of with those ebonics slang talking autobots (I think they were autobots- two of them) too, in the second film if I remember correctly. I think they got a fair bit of criticism for it at the time.

Comment

There's so much people have complained about with the films from the designs, to the acting, to the purile humour, to sexualisation and racist overtones... all stuff it doubled down on as it went on culminating in stuff like AOE's odd discussion about justifying sleeping with someone under age.

Comment

First trailers up and whilst it may be too late for this incarnation of the franchise... they may have finally learnt some lessons?

Comment

This might be the first Transformers film I see since the first one!

Comment

Working...
                              X