TCU: Transformers 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCU: Transformers 6

Paramount Pictures has begun to make public its ambitious plans for the “Transformers” franchise with word today of release dates for three more sequels in the series to be released annually starting next Summer. “Transformers 5,” featuring a script by Ken Nolan (“Black Hawk Down”), Art Marcum & Matt Holloway (“Iron Man”), is targeting a […]

Completing the main series plan for now, Paramount has also locked in a 2019 release date for TF6. Lots of the franchise inbound

The day has come. Hasbro have announced that Transformers 6 has officially been cancelled along with the planned TCU. This years Bumblebee solo movie will be the final release in the current canon before they shutter the franchise. I'm not sure what that says of the potential quality of the spin off.

Hasbro have also confirmed that a new Transformers live action movie will be planned but won't be out for years, will be a full reboot and will have greater Hasbro control of the end movie content.

"Finally, I Rise"

Last edited by Neon Ignition; 16-02-2018, 16:43.

Comment

That is honestly great news. I'm hoping Hasbro finally realised how much the films totally misrepresented most of the characters, mainly Prime. Hopefully in the next iteration we'll get writers who actually understand the lore of Transformers, I want to see Prime resembling the Prime I knew from childhood.

Comment

While talk of a sixth “Transformers” is dead for the moment, the franchise seems to be waiting to see how this Christmas’ spin-off & prequel feature “Bumblebee” will go before deciding the franchise’s future. EW reports that if “Bumblebee” goes down well, we might get to see another spin-off film with the focus this time […]

Uh oh. Sounds like both the TCU and proposed TCU2 reboot are both in contention based on how Bumblebee performs. Should the prequel do well it sounds like they may abandon the reboots in favour of sticking with the existing canon but using solo character films as they're interested in a Bumblebee sequel and a solo Optimus Prime movie.

Comment

Working...
        X