Nintendo Accounts now live outside Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Accounts now live outside Japan

And the linkage that sites seem to be missing is https://accounts.nintendo.com/

Go. Register.

And pre-register for Miitomo updates: https://miitomo.com/en/
    Last edited by kryss; 17-02-2016, 14:21.

What does it do?!

Edit: And what happened to Flipnote for our region?

Comment

Nothing yet apparently:

But it will be the new Club Nintendo eventually, and the account you use for their mobile games. I just signed up using my Nintendo Network account.

Comment

Cheers. Got there in time to get "charlesr"

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          It's OK; it works like MiiVerse. Your account name has to be unique, but your "nickname" can be anything, and I think that's what people see unless they drill into your account info.

Comment

What's the Nintendo network ID? will I only have one of those if I've had a WiiU or 3DS online?

Comment

Don't worry about that, Charles. They only gave them out to certain people. I'm surprised you didn't get one but, if you didn't... best not to think too deeply about why they excluded you.

No, really... yeah, it is a 3DS or WiiU thing that they created a while ago. You could set one up and link your account to it. It didn't hugely seem to do anything as far as I could see and now I'm not sure if this new thing makes it redundant. Nintendo aren't great at explaining themselves.

Comment

So far we're not off to a good start. I still have to lie about my location and provide some BS address in the United States because Singapore is not on their list. I'm unable to change my region meaning that when I move back to Europe in a couple of months I'll likely need to start over with a whole new account...

At least that gives me a good reason for not buying anymore games anytime soon.

I'm also unable to register for Miitomo because of my location.
                Last edited by dataDave; 18-02-2016, 01:06.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  finally got an account with my "chojin" name..

Comment

Signed up, where can i see the difference between my mii name and the username? I just signed in with my NNID and didn't see an option for a username entry?

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
                      Signed up, where can i see the difference between my mii name and the username? I just signed in with my NNID and didn't see an option for a username entry?
                      Your profile has a "nickname" - that's the thing - but it doesn't have to be unique. It's the same as Miiverse/Nintendo Network, where I have a daft random name for my account name but "Asura" for my nickname, because it's impossible to get "Asura" uniquely in most services (especially since things like Asura's Wrath).

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        Your profile has a "nickname" - that's the thing - but it doesn't have to be unique. It's the same as Miiverse/Nintendo Network, where I have a daft random name for my account name but "Asura" for my nickname, because it's impossible to get "Asura" uniquely in most services (especially since things like Asura's Wrath).
                        Ok thanks, no need to panic then!

Comment

This already seem's confusing, no faith here.

Comment

Working...
                          X