Gaming joys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaming joys

We have the gaming irk thread, I figured it's about time to express what makes us happy about playing games.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 08-03-2016, 11:33.

<tumbleweed rolls by>

Comment

How beautiful the world in XCX is. Very close between MHX and that for my game of the year.

Comment

Traditionally, the thread starter has to put their own point of view too

The joy of drifting in videogames can't be overstated. Magical.

Comment

Took me a while but here is Joy from shenmue 2 is that what you mean ?

Comment

Putting Tareaway unfolded on the screen, putting the pad down and walking out the room. Come back 5 mins later and my girlfriend is grinning ear to ear at all the crafty, papery and general brilliance of it all.

ITS AMAZING!!!!!! look at it! She proclaims. I know, I just sat there smiling as she was tasked with designing a new badge and hat for her character.

Comment

Finding your rhythm in Kung FU master. Punch, Punch, left, Kick, Sweep, Right, Punch. Beautiful if you nail it.

Comment

Kick, punch. It's all in the mind.

Comment

I win:

Games where you get to ride on horses!

Without trying I've played 3 games this week where you get to ride a horse back and at speed. Zelda HD, Uncharted 3 remaster and MGSV. It's well fun.

Comment

Shenmue, especially II, was just jam packed with magic. Moreso than any other game I've ever played as I felt FREE (pun intended) to do what I wished.

Also figuring out the secret exits for the first time on Super Mario World was amazing, heck all of the layers of discovery on that game were truly next level and something that I haven't seen any game come close to yet.

And finally, for the sake of variety, figuring out that I had to use sellotape on a door then spray water on a cat to make it run past it depositing fur on the tape which I then glued to my face using honey to pretend I had a a moustache in Gabriel Knight 3 was a sheer moment of delirium.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                      And finally, for the sake of variety, figuring out that I had to use sellotape on a door then spray water on a cat to make it run past it depositing fur on the tape which I then glued to my face using honey to pretend I had a a moustache in Gabriel Knight 3 was a sheer moment of delirium.

Amazing.

Comment

When the screen fills with numbers/gold in a Cave shmup.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                          I win:

Red Dead Redemption is brilliant for horse riding aficionados.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                            I win:

Without trying I've played 3 games this week where you get to ride a horse back and at speed. Zelda HD, Uncharted 3 remaster and MGSV. It's well fun.
                            Add Shadow Of The Colossus to that list, too.

Comment

Lovely thread idea!

We tend to accept the fun in gaming as the unreported norm, but irks are trumpted from atop the parapets.

I've really been trying to encourage you lot to play EDF 2025 since it came out because it's so wonderful.
                              Sometimes you're in a well-oiled team devastating the Ravagers, other times you're a MVP swooping in like a superhero and other times all hope is gone, the team is down and you've barely any health left.

Then a random health drop peps you up enough to revive a downed team member, who resuscitates the others while you go on to destroy a dropship that has been sending the enemies that overwhelmed your squad in the first place and then the tide turns, you can feel it. You mop up the remaining enemies and pickups and finally snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

That's the EDF way!

Comment

Working...
                              X