No announcement yet.

Amazon Japan now ships worldwide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just paid ?16.73 for a New 3DS Hori TPU cover and New 3DS Hori carry case posted.

Was looking at these on eBay and the two together would have cost me around ?24 there. Seems like a good service!

Comment

So is there only the one shipping option? Even though I'm saving money, I don't like paying 566 yen for an item, then 1200 for the shipping.

Comment

Wow, my order arrived this morning via DHL. Awesome service.

Comment

ARISE FROM THE GRAVE OH THREAD

Thinking about getting a VITA from Amazon Japan ; do we normally get slugged with customs/import duties? Can you use your existing prime account I take it?

Sorry if very dumb questions.

Comment

You want to get that from Japan just for the sake of it or you can't find one over here? Vitas are region-free, although limited to one account at a time (IIRC).

Comment

You can't use your existing account, you need to make a new one but can use the same email address.

Amazon make you pay the customs fee at checkout. This means you always pay extra rather than rolling the dice but you're not paying the ridiculous Royal Mail handling fee. They normally get stuff to you in 2-3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                You want to get that from Japan just for the sake of it or you can't find one over here? Vitas are region-free, although limited to one account at a time (IIRC).
                Haven't seen any new vitas for years ; only Asia seems to stock them nowadays ; Amazon Japan has very good prices compared to say play asia etc.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                  You can't use your existing account, you need to make a new one but can use the same email address.

Amazon make you pay the customs fee at checkout. This means you always pay extra rather than rolling the dice but you're not paying the ridiculous Royal Mail handling fee. They normally get stuff to you in 2-3 days.
                  cool thanks Chopes!

Comment

Anyone finding that shipping costs when buying direct to the UK from Amazon JP has gone up considerably? Right now this is very non-scientific, but I'm sure I can start pulling receipts to back it up if needed. Just wondering if there was anything folks were aware of that's causing it.

Comment

Airmail in general, both standard and express, is more expensive due to fuel prices. I guess the summer holiday season rush is driving prices up a bit as planes have to load more baggage and don't have as much space for mail.

Comment

Working...
                      X