Europe : The Bordersdown Referendum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    The will of the people or the good of country are so low on many second referendum supporters minds, instead its a continuous junk waving contest.
    The willy of the people maybe.

As you say, it just needs to hurry the hell up now so that people and businesses aren't sitting in limbo wondering which way to go on various decisions.

Comment

Exactly, I won't lie, I've swayed across either side of the line as time has gone on but it's become ludicrous how the handling of Brexit is going.
      For me, that's not an indicator it should be cancelled, hell the EU has gone out of its way to almost show Brexit diehards pegged them well, but the incompetence on display is staggering. Getting past the deadline will be a mercy regardless of the outcome.

Comment

I swung from side to side in the run up and in the end flipped a coin. I really was not given the information i needed to vote effectively or in an informed way. Everywhere i looked i saw conflicting data and opinions. It was ****ing hellish.

It's always scary to venture into the unknown fending for yourself. But it's often what makes a person. That's what heads was and how the coin landed.

Comment

News that the Brexit team paid a Canadian firm to analyse Facebook data and display individually targeted ads to persuade people to vote leave. And didn't declare it (something about not declaring the spend being illegal).

The same Canadian firm that fiddled the US elections for Trump's team.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            News that the Brexit team paid a Canadian firm to analyse Facebook data and display individually targeted ads to persuade people to vote leave. And didn't declare it (something about not declaring the spend being illegal).

The same Canadian firm that fiddled the US elections for Trump's team.
            In other shock news, the sky is blue and the earth really is round.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              In other shock news, the sky is blue and the earth really is round.
              I feel a lot of people are suddenly realising why Facebook has made so much money while providing a "free" service.

Comment

I realised quite recently I'm not very social so deleted my social media accounts. Life is without a doubt richer.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  I feel a lot of people are suddenly realising why Facebook has made so much money while providing a "free" service.
                  I hate to keep saying i told you all so, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.

Comment

The problem is people projected what they thought would happen and were ok about it. Targeted ads? Fine, whatever. But then they see that someone basically told them to vote leave, and they did? Reality check time.

Comment

As a perfect metaphor for Brexit, those new blue passports (that we could have had without leaving the EU ) are no longer going to be manufactured in Britain, but by a Franco-Dutch firm.
                      The existing UK supplier plans to appeal against the decision to use a Franco-Dutch firm after Brexit.

Comment

Is Britain great yet?

Comment

Soon, not long to wait now!

Comment

Working...
                          X