Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve pmd you..

Comment

How's the site speed at the moment? All ok?

Comment

No probs here Charles.

Comment

Didn’t really know where to post this but thought as a lot of folks are subscribed to this thread here would be a good place.

Just wondering if we need First Play when it seems most of people’s impressions are being posted in Discussion? See Monster Hunter: World.
          Makes sense I think to have everything relative to one game in the same place? Just a thought.

Comment

I think we're just being lazy right now.

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy View Post
              I did wonder if it was to do with the incoming GDPR regulations.
              I've just found out about this, what a draconian seeming fecker it is. Does this bill affect this place [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION]?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                I've just found out about this, what a draconian seeming fecker it is. Does this bill affect this place @charlesr?
                Nope. Not enough data is stored on people to personally identify them to the point that it could enable identity theft. A complete loss of the entire database, even if the passwords were unencrypted, wouldn't even require notification to ICO.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION], it was all news to me and other sites seemed to all be in a flap about it for some reason. From what was said just logging IPs was enough to require compliance and potentially open yourself up to fines with the new breed of legal hacking/ransoming that this money spinner entails, hence the wonderation.

Comment

It's all common sense stuff anyway. Notifying people of what will happen to their data via privacy policy. Not signing people up to newsletters without their permission. Access to data on request.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      It's all common sense stuff anyway. Notifying people of what will happen to their data via privacy policy. Not signing people up to newsletters without their permission. Access to data on request.
                      Is that it? The way that lot were acting you'd think the sky was about to fall, talking about "its best to take the site offline" and moderators resigning and all kinds of craziness which made me think of Y2K all over again.

Comment

It is serious stuff but ultimately it's about data protection and the data we're protecting here is so minimal.

That said, pms are akin to emails I guess...

Comment

Yes it does seem very open ended and ambiguous. The flap it's causing just made me wonder what would happen to places such as these as it seemed to be a money spinner dressed up as law.

Comment

It's all stuff that everyone SHOULD be doing anyway. It's not rocket science.

Comment

I had to register again and now I can't see the trading forum :'-(

Comment

Get involved in some other threads and it'll soon unlock.

Comment

Working...
                                X