Celebrity Deaths Thread 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randombs View Post
    This is going to sound a bit Zen Monkey, but once I was leaving for work while my little bro was watching it and I heard them call fruits and veg 'sports candy'. I stopped dead in my tracks. In that instant, my universe expanded across infinite planes. I could see the forces holding atoms together. I almost wept.

I'm so used to companies using nonsense terms like 'goodness' to sell unhealthy crap to children that I'd never considered how utterly brilliant the opposite idea was. It blew me away and I missed my train.

Magnus Scheving is a saint.
    Yep, know what you mean, I thought it was a brilliant turn of phrase too when I first heard it.

Comment

Heartbroken, one of my heroes, Burt Reynolds. Legend. Thanks for all the fun movies! And exciting ones too!

Comment

Just saw that. Very sad. It’s funny but one of my fondest memories him is in that Demi Moore striptease film. Awful movie but he was hilarious in it.

Comment

He was in some great films but I'll never forget he was actually God in an episode of The X-Files.

Comment

Just heard. Legend.

Comment

Well gutted about this. Smokey and the Bandit is one of my favourite films.

Comment

sad news, one by one my childhood heroes are going....

time to watch Bandit, Hooper and Cannonball.

Comment

Yeah, I'll be watching Smokey tonight.

Comment

A random one, not a huge celebrity but someone I watched a fair bit of his documentaries/ shows a few years ago.

Television wildlife presenter Johnny Kingdom has been killed in an accident involving a digger on his land aged 79.

Sounds like a tragic accident. He seemed to really love his work, loved the accent to boot.

Comment

Watching Cannonball Run II tonight, I even got my lobby cards and press pack out

Comment

They're great, VP!

Comment

Mac Miller died t'other day, cool rapper type of guy and generally seen as a decent guy. Ariana Grande's (very recent) ex and it's a possible suicide, though the guy had a lean habit.

Comment

Fenella Fielding of Carry on Screaming, RIP;

Carry On Screaming actress and "England's First Lady of the double entendre" dies at 90.

Comment

[MENTION=6966]Anpanman[/MENTION]: wow, what rough start in life. Seems like she also spent her professional life been highly rated but overlooked. What with all that's going on in the world in this social media, Trump, Brexit dystopia, it's shocking to say that life for women who won't 'know their place', fare as badly as this lady did throughout her life.

Edit: Sorry, way off topic but I was just struck by the thought 'surely, things should be better today'.
                              Last edited by gunrock; 12-09-2018, 04:43.

Comment

Fenella Fielding from Carry on Regardless but much more memorably Carry On Screaming has passed away aged 90

Comment

Working...
                                X