User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It was a Nat geo one i think, i'll try and find it. Very compelling that nobody ever went there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavey View Post
    It was a Nat geo one i think, i'll try and find it. Very compelling that nobody ever went there.

The moon landings were supposedly directed by Stanley Kubrick I believe. All references to the documentary in NatGeo archives were scrubbed though. I used to be a non-believer when I was younger, but I think it would have taken more money to fake it convincingly than to actually go. If it was good enough for Patrick Moore, it's good enough for me. Good night.

http://www.clavius.org

This site is designed to debunk the moon landings conspiracy with science.

The problem with those type of documentaries is that they present the "facts" with dramatic music and never address the various answers to their allegations.
    "The flag is blowing in the wind, but on the moon THERE IS NO WIND!"
    "Yeah, there's a little arm to hold the flag up because NASA..."
    "THERE IS NO WIND!"
    *sigh*

Flag was flapping - no it wasn't.
    Too much radiation - no there wasn't, 200 rads+ gives radiation sickness, they were exposed to about 18 rads.
    There are no stars - the contrast of the brightly lit objects on the moon drowns out the dimly lit stars.
    The shadows don't look right from one source - they do, you can try it at home.
    There's a prop rock labelled "C" - the marking isn't on the bigger photograph, probably a hair when zoomed in.

I think the thing that convinces me is that we can still see the footprints. NASA has had a satellite orbiting the moon since 2009 and took photos of the landing site and the footprints the astronauts made. It's also been independently spotted by spacecraft from China, India and Japan.

https://spacecentre.co.uk/blog-post/...ally-happened/

It's funny you mention National Geographic as here's there article debunking claims the moon landing photos were faked!
    https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...res/index.html

I think humans just like a nice conspiracy theory, even when the facts are presented to them.

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I think humans just like a nice conspiracy theory, even when the facts are presented to them.
    I think so; then again I also think it's because of how monumental an achievement the moon landings were, when you consider what they had to work with at the time. All the evidence either way aside, it's much easier to believe it was faked than real just given that factor, so I guess it's no surprise some people just can't believe it.

I like how people cling to some pretty lame "facts" as proof like the photo of studio lights (clearly lens flare) or there are no stars.
    It's like NASA spent millions of dollars trying to convince people but forgot to crop a photo or put fake stars on the backdrop.

I'd quite like the landing footage to pan across following Armstrong hopping across the lunar surface and they accidentally get some boom mic operator in shot, smoking a snout.

Lets just let the species have this one win eh guys. For once a whole country worked together for a common goal of improving our species as a whole (even though at the top politicians really wanted to do i to bankrupt the ussr).

We get one win. Iím choosing the moon landings and the people that made that happen.

Gutted at this one.
    Dolores O'Riordan, lead singer of The Cranberries. Only 46!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42696376