No announcement yet.

Celebrity Deaths Thread 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A real natural in front of the camera and a great raconteur.
    Bullseye was a national institution in the 80s!

Weirdly enough, I was watching this anecdote by Jim about an unaired episode of Bullseye on Sunday:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      A real natural in front of the camera and a great raconteur.
      Bullseye was a national institution in the 80s!

Weirdly enough, I was watching this anecdote by Jim about an unaired episode of Bullseye on Sunday:
      Even weirder i watched that very same video yesterday....and not watched anything he done in many years

Comment

Day One
        God: "Today Ken, how tickled I am to say it's your time"

Day Two
        God: "Hi Stephen, guess you must feel pretty let down about you're call on me right now"

Day Three
        God: "And for Bully's Special Prize!"

Day Four
        God: "Hmm....who to pick, who to pick..."

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
          Even weirder i watched that very same video yesterday....and not watched anything he done in many years
          Exactly the same for me.

That's pretty scary.

I wonder if YouTube is predicting who's gonna die?!

Along with that suggested Bowen video, this was recommended...

Better make peace with any enemies, [MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION]! Unrelated, can I borrow fifty quid?

I love this prediction of celebrity deaths in Viz from a few years back:
          "A FEW DAYS ago in bed a bottom burp of my husband's brought forth the unmistakable words "POL-POT." the following morning I awoke to hear the news that the infamous leader of the Khmer Rouge had died. Last night my husband farted in the bath. It's not looking good for Edward Woodward."

Comment

Very sad news about Hawking and Bowen - RIP both.

Comment

What a legend Jim Bowen was, Bullseye was great.

Comment

I always thought Jim Bowen was an utter tool but I don't recall how I acquired that opinion of him... Odd.

Comment

Takes one to know one I guess

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Exactly the same for me.

That's pretty scary.

I wonder if YouTube is predicting who's gonna die?!

Along with that suggested Bowen video, this was recommended...

Better make peace with any enemies, [MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION]! Unrelated, can I borrow fifty quid?

I love this prediction of celebrity deaths in Viz from a few years back:

Death prediction!
                    I had a KFC yesterday and pizza for dinner today so place your bets now!!

Comment

Very sad about 2 more British legends!

It was a weird one trying to explain to a few of the girls at work who Jim Bowen was at lunchtime when the news was announced (mostly Polish) and why people remember him from a random quiz show about darts where you could win a boat from a cartoon Bull!

As for Stephen, I'll just leave this here; one of his many awesome tv cameo's over the years of the legend that is Hawking (One of the shuttles is named after him in the series and in one of the movies apparently)

Comment

I had it in my head Bowen had something negative in the past too. Googling didn;t help loads but despite not giving a fuller description it revealed he was fired from Bullseye in the 90's due to a comment he made to a guest and then fired again in the 00's from his radio show due to a racist comment so I'm assuming it comes from hearing news reports about those events at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          I had it in my head Bowen had something negative in the past too. Googling didn;t help loads but despite not giving a fuller description it revealed he was fired from Bullseye in the 90's due to a comment he made to a guest and then fired again in the 00's from his radio show due to a racist comment so I'm assuming it comes from hearing news reports about those events at the time.
                          "I am sad...I have lost a joyous element of my life." "We were talking about words you could and could not use and apparently you can't use the word 'elderly' because it is politically incorrect. I said 'What nig-nog thought of that?' "I am 65 and in my very young days the term 'nig-nog' referred to the guy who was not the sharpest knife in the box, usually an amiable buffoon. "There was certainly no racist connotations when I said the word. However, I immediately apologised for the use of the word as I realised it was not the cleverest thing to say."

Read more at: https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/...oved-1-1169068
                          I don't think he was a bad guy and i cant find anything about him being fired from bullseye he resigned from his radio show for the above and while its not right the guy was in his 60s at the time and grew up in a different time with different sensibilities, no excuse but its a bit sad that's how he left the limelight, as he didn't seem like a bad person.

Comment

It wasn't that. I remember seeing him being interviewed or on some show or other and he just seemed like on arrogant prick basically. That few minutes of TV put me right off him. Same thing when I saw Michael Barrymore live once when he was off camera; his true self was revealed and he was a tool. Might have been a bad day or whatever I guess but I couldn't unsee it.

Comment

Charles Lazarus, founder of Toys R Us, has died aged 94 living just long enough to see his work die with him

Comment

Ray Wilkins;
                                Former England and Chelsea midfielder Ray Wilkins dies in hospital at the age of 61.

RIP Butch.

Comment

Working...
                                X