• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    a small stingray about the size of an Atari Jaguar

For some reason this made me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      RIP Stringfellow. Kinda like the British Hugh Hefner. I hope there's no Yewtree revelations, used to listen to him on James Whale's show and he seemed quite a cordial chap.

Also, randomly found out how Steve Irwin pegged it. Apparently, the stingray was eight feet wide and attacked in a manner similar to Chun Li's rapid kick, numerous focused attacks to poor old Steve, he was peppered like a Peperami.

I initially assumed it was a small stingray about the size of an Atari Jaguar and it had struck once in confusion, in an attempt to protect itself and get away.
      Was definitely irony there that with all the animals he has interacted with the Sting ray was the thing that killed him, from what i can gather deaths from sting rays are incredibly rare

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        For a moment, I thought the reporter from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had died.

Comment

Has George A Romero come back yet?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            Has George A Romero come back yet?
            It was a headshot, rather than incineration and the ashes sowing the rainclouds, reanimating the nearby graveyard.

Comment

Dirty Den aged 71

Comment

Well, he did murder a bloke, let's not forget.

But I DID like Fort Boyard and was amused by how grotty n' sleazy he looked on his sex-cam, dayum talk about losing sight of yourself...

Comment

I still want a non-celebrity death thread. Know what I mean? I wanna read about some bloke called Mike who worked for British Gas being dead. I don't care about celebrities. I care about people like Mike. Or John who works at the local garage with his persistent cough, or Jill down the post office with her cute smile, or cheery Alice who sells me free range eggs from happy, healthy chickens. People you meet in real life are better than all the people on TV. Sod celebrities.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                    I still want a non-celebrity death thread. Know what I mean? I wanna read about some bloke called Mike who worked for British Gas being dead. I don't care about celebrities. I care about people like Mike. Or John who works at the local garage with his persistent cough, or Jill down the post office with her cute smile, or cheery Alice who sells me free range eggs from happy, healthy chickens. People you meet in real life are better than all the people on TV. Sod celebrities.
                    Why not create one? But be aware, it may well take over your life; around 150,000 people die each day.

Comment

I'm not suggesting we mention every single person who dies, only those we know in person and had genuine experiences with. Even if the experiences are banal, say the only experience of Mike from British Gas was him tutting as he repaired your boiler, or the only experience of John was him handing over your change with a scowl, at least their genuine experiences taking place in reality. You can touch these people, smell them, interact with them, cause reactions. That makes 'em infinitely more valuable than celebs on TV.

Comment

"Death List 2018" will probably attract the wrong kind of attention.

Comment

Even if the experiences are banal, say the only experience of Mike from British Gas was him tutting as he repaired your boiler
                          How would you know he's dead if that's the only interaction you've had with him?

Comment

I'd have to set up an account for my Mum, she's always telling me about periphery people she's faintly known having died, "You know Beryl? Beryl? From number 32... yes you do, she lived there for about three years when you were at school... no? Well she's dead"

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                              How would you know he's dead if that's the only interaction you've had with him?
                              Well I wouldn't post that Mike was dead in that situation but someone who knew him well enough would! Don't question my thread ideas, man. It's a genius idea and you know it.

Comment

Ironically, Mike died from gas inhalation.

Pity, he was a gas.

Comment

Working...
                                X