No announcement yet.

Celebrity Deaths Thread 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed the Kevin Smith story - and reading his Instagram post, there’s something....uplifting about what he writes. “I don’t want my life to end but, if it does, I can’t complain. It’s been a gift.”

Comment

Yeah, his post is beautiful

Comment

One of my fav comedians Ken dodd http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-43367267

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
          One of my fav comedians Ken dodd http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-43367267
          Aye, RIP Ken.

If you can't have a chuckle at these then you don't have a pulse;
          Ken Dodd was the irrepressible master of quick-fire one liners that left audiences in stitches.

No 2 and 5 - bloody great.

Comment

Loved that man, I never got to see him live.

I have seen his lovely Statue in Liverpool Lime Street Station a few times though.

So much joy and fun in one person, he had to spread it out to everyone, and we were lucky to have him.

RIP Doddy.

Comment

'Flava In Ya Ear' rapper Craig Mack dead at 46:

Rapper Craig Mack has passed away at the age of 46, with the likes of Funkmaster Flex, Biz Markie and DJ Scratch paying tribute

Havent heard his recent stuff but track was a BANGAH back in the day. Was apparently working on a collab with Erick Sermon at the time of his death.

Comment

Stephen Hawking dies aged 76 https://www.theguardian.com/science/...r-dies-aged-76

2018-03-14

Comment

Sad news but what a day to pass away. Pi day.

Comment

No doubt Trump will have something to say about the death of the world's second smartest person...

Considering his condition 76 is quite an innings. Shame.

Comment

76 is still too early but given he was originally two years life expectancy when diagnosed, respect before even considering his accomplishments in science

Comment

I really hope his memory isn't tarnished by a hidden scandal in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                          I really hope his memory isn't tarnished by a hidden scandal in a few months.
                          To be honest, most of it is out there. Brilliant brain, but a bit of a rubbish husband and father.
                          He had a complex relationship with this first wife and she had an affair, with his permission.
                          Hawking later left his wife for his nurse.
                          She was suspected to be abusing him, but he'd never admit it. That also ended in divorce.

Oh, and he liked them tiddy bars:
                          "Hawking became a regular at Stringfellows strip club in London, and the proprietor recalls a hilarious run-in with the professor one night.

I went and introduced myself and said, ‘Mr. Hawking, it’s an honor to meet you. If you could spare a minute or two, I’d love to chat with you about the universe,’” Stringfellow recalled.

Then I paused for a bit and joked, ‘Or would you rather look at the girls?

There was silence for a moment, and then he answered, ‘The Girls.’

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            To be honest, most of it is out there. Brilliant brain, but a bit of a rubbish husband and father.
                            He had a complex relationship with this first wife and she had an affair, with his permission.
                            Hawking later left his wife for his nurse.
                            She was suspected to be abusing him, but he'd never admit it. That also ended in divorce.

Oh, and he liked them tiddy bars:
                            "Hawking became a regular at Stringfellows strip club in London, and the proprietor recalls a hilarious run-in with the professor one night.

I went and introduced myself and said, ‘Mr. Hawking, it’s an honor to meet you. If you could spare a minute or two, I’d love to chat with you about the universe,’” Stringfellow recalled.

Then I paused for a bit and joked, ‘Or would you rather look at the girls?

There was silence for a moment, and then he answered, ‘The Girls.’

I should have used a quote. I didn't realise there was a whole other page of dead people!

I was referring to Dodd

Comment

Oh, I see.

Yeah, it's quicker listing 80s celebs that weren't dodgy these days!

Dodd had the whole tax-dodging thing, of which he was acquitted when they discovered he was a bit paranoid and had hidden suitcases of cash in his house.

Brilliantly, he married his long-term partner 2 days before he died, meaning the Tax Man won't get his hands on about £2m of Dodd's estate!

Dodd once joked: "'I told the Inland Revenue I didn't owe a penny because I lived near the seaside'"

Comment

rule of 3 claims Jim Bowen.

Comment

Working...
                                X