Celebrity Deaths Thread 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I think humans just like a nice conspiracy theory, even when the facts are presented to them.
    I think so; then again I also think it's because of how monumental an achievement the moon landings were, when you consider what they had to work with at the time. All the evidence either way aside, it's much easier to believe it was faked than real just given that factor, so I guess it's no surprise some people just can't believe it.

Comment

I like how people cling to some pretty lame "facts" as proof like the photo of studio lights (clearly lens flare) or there are no stars.
      It's like NASA spent millions of dollars trying to convince people but forgot to crop a photo or put fake stars on the backdrop.

I'd quite like the landing footage to pan across following Armstrong hopping across the lunar surface and they accidentally get some boom mic operator in shot, smoking a snout.

Comment

Lets just let the species have this one win eh guys. For once a whole country worked together for a common goal of improving our species as a whole (even though at the top politicians really wanted to do i to bankrupt the ussr).

We get one win. I’m choosing the moon landings and the people that made that happen.

Comment

Fast Eddie, RIP;
          The guitarist, who was in the original line-up alongside Lemmy and Phil Taylor, was 67.

Comment

Gutted at this one.
            Dolores O'Riordan, lead singer of The Cranberries. Only 46!

The Irish musician, who was 46, led the band to international success in the 1990s.

Comment

Really shocking

Comment

Bella Emberg passed away last week.
                She was a great comedy foil for Russ Abbott.

Actor and comedian best known for her TV role as Blunderwoman alongside Russ Abbot

Comment

Yes she was, and underrated as an actress.

Comment

Comment

That's an unusual source for the story, Zaki!

Asia One, quoting The Irish Times, quoting The Daily Mail.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        That's an unusual source for the story, Zaki!

Asia One, quoting The Irish Times, quoting The Daily Mail.
                        I saw the link on another forum tbh

Comment

RIP Mark E. Smith. A total one-off.

Comment

Ursula K. Le Guin departed Jan 22.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                              RIP Mark E. Smith. A total one-off.
                              Bang on. True one-off, looked bloody ninety, seemed quite scary (he should've been Snoke), made genius music at points, he's one of my heroes in a way but he seemed a bit terrifying, I remember when Adam and Joe met him, haha.

He was always gonna die and he knew it. Respect.

When I first got Facebook in 2007, I joined as a fictional character to preserve some level of anonymity and listed my school as 'The Birmingham School Of Business School'. It's a little cringey but I keep it up on there hoping one person will notice the reference. Nobody has so far. But a few very occasionally ask what my Birmingham college was like

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                                Ursula K. Le Guin departed Jan 22.
                                Sad to hear that. I read The Dispossessed and was meaning to read more. I will now.

Comment

Working...
                                X