No announcement yet.

America's Darkest Days II: Blackest Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump seems to be doubling down on the arm the teachers BS based on his Twitter feed - I think they should get company tanks. The best schools could have their own drones to take out high school shooters from orbit.

You can't even ridicule it at this point, it's beyond parody.

Comment

"Highly trained, gun adept, teachers/coaches would solve the problem instantly, before police arrive"

When the **** have teachers got time to train to be SWAT members?

Comment

I suggest we invade the USA - they are clearly a danger to themselves and the world. And have lots of oil to steal. That's how it works isn't it?

Comment

Weapons of mass destruction as well.

Comment

Armed guard at Florida high school failed to enter building and stop shooter

"An armed deputy, who was on campus at Stoneman Douglas, resigns after sheriff’s reviews finds he stood outside and did not go in.

The armed deputy who was on campus at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school when a gunman massacred 17 people stood outside the building as it occurred and did not go in to engage the shooter, the Broward County sheriff, Scott Israel, said on Thursday.

Deputy Scott Peterson, who was the school resource officer at Stoneman Douglas in Parkland, Florida, resigned from the department on Thursday after being told he would be suspended, Israel said.

He did not say if Peterson would face criminal charges.

Israel said he made the decision after reviewing video surveillance and interviewing witnesses, including the deputy himself. The sheriff says Peterson responded to the building where the shooting took place, took up a position outside a door and never went in.

When asked what Peterson should have done, Israel said the deputy should have “went in, addressed the killer, killed the killer”.

The sheriff said he was “devastated, sick to my stomach. There are no words.”"

I know it was his duty, but I can't say I'd be running straight towards the sound of automatic gunfire either.
            I'm not sure how this fits into the whole "We need a good guy with a gun to take out the bad guy with a gun" theory.

Comment

There have been four more mass shootings since the Florida High School one, they don't stop, 34 so far this year.

Comment

What happens when the swat team turn up and instead of one person walking about with a gun you have an entire teaching staff walking about with guns, who do the swat team go for? as now you have multiple adults with guns wandering about a school. Teachers shooting teachers is also a very real possibility as is more guns ending up in kids hands and mistakes being made where a child try's to defend himself and kills the wrong person.

Comment

Wow, they really do need to ban those games, pronto!

The UK watches the same violent movies and plays the same violent games as America, but they had 346 MASS shootings in 2017, whereas we had none.

We had 26 fatalities from gun-related crime in 2015-2016 (12 months from March), which scales up to around 130 if you times our population by 5 to match America's. They had 11,004.

For the life of me, I can't work out why, if we're being exposed to the same violence as Americans, there aren't more gun fatalities in the UK...

Comment

That guy being called a coward is ridiculous. In a situation like this, you never go in alone - this is part of the reason armed police always operate in pairs or groups.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Wow, they really do need to ban those games, pronto!

The UK watches the same violent movies and plays the same violent games as America, but they had 346 MASS shootings in 2017, whereas we had none.

We had 26 fatalities from gun-related crime in 2015-2016 (12 months from March), which scales up to around 130 if you times our population by 5 to match America's. They had 11,004.

For the life of me, I can't work out why, if we're being exposed to the same violence as Americans, there aren't more gun fatalities in the UK...
                      Perhaps Xbone is just more violent than PS4 or switch. It is bigger after all, clearly it’s throwing its weight around in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        That guy being called a coward is ridiculous. In a situation like this, you never go in alone - this is part of the reason armed police always operate in pairs or groups.
                        The Deputy just wasn't properly armed. Now if he had of had an RPG and incendiary grenades it'd have been over in seconds - it's ridiculous the US doesn't arm its officers with these things.

Comment

Soooooooo?

More guns then?

Comment

So, someone trained in firearm use, who had a firearm and who had the single task of protecting people by using that firearm (and chose that as a job) and wasn't also tasked with teaching children, didn't have the stones to go in and deal with the assault weapon wielding lunatic but Mrs Pankhurst the biology teacher would deal with that situation just fine? Get that moron out of the Whitehouse ffa.

Comment

Concealed carry won't work against someone with automatic assault rifles. Robot sentries are the only option.

Comment

What if they turned friendly fire off?

Comment

Working...
                                X