The DC Extended Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was the Hobbit trilogy a case of:
    "I've not made a successful film in a while, maybe I should do The Hobbit, stretching a pamphlet-sized book over three films!"
    Or
    "We've not had a successful film in a while, maybe we should get Peter Jackson back to do The Hobbit, stretching a pamphlet-sized book over three films!"

I'm not convinced he's completely to blame for mining out the source material beyond its worth.

I agree, maybe not Superman Falls of Steel 2, but I'd like to see him have a crack at something of theirs.

Everybody needs to stop trying to ape Marvel and creating Universes and just focus on making good films.

Remember all those threads you had to make when Hollywood went nuts creating the Dark, Fast and Furious, Ghostbusters, Hasbro, Jump Street, Lego, Transformers and What's Eating Gilbert Grape Universes?

How did they all work out?

I made up the What's Eating Gilbert Grape one.

Comment

I don't rate him at all. That Lovely Bones movie was where I declared myself out.

Comment

I love Bad Taste, but it needs to be seen with Good Taste, to appreciate how much hard work he put into it to make it happen.

I also like The Frighteners.

His DC film can't be much worse than what we've had already!

EDIT: This made me chuckle

Last edited by QualityChimp; 11-05-2018, 09:24.

Comment

Hasbro's reportedly still considering one but they're pretty much all dead now. You have the Marvel Cinematic Universe, DC Cinematic Universe, Conjuring Cinematic Universe and it's pretty much coming to a close with those three as the only ones that actually make money.

Comment

Zachary Levi has posted the first official image produced for Shazam that shows off a bit of the costume but more interestingly clearly shows the tone the film is aiming for which is clearly different than the existing five movies.

Comment

When Ben Affleck stepped back from directing the in development “The Batman” film, his plan to use Deathstroke (Joe Manganiello) as the villain seemed to fall by the wayside too. That was because filmmaker Matt Reeves (“Dawn of the Planet of the Apes”) had signed onto the project and was planning to start the script […]

There's a rumour that the villain of The Batman will be Penguin

Comment

DC Entertainment president and CCO Geoff Johns has unveiled a tease on social media that hints at the 1980s setting for the upcoming “Wonder Woman” sequel. Johns, who is also a writer and producer on the film, teased ‘WW84’ which lines up with reports of the film’s 1980s Cold War setting – 1984 being in […]

Wonder Woman 2 is now said to be set in 1984

Comment

Warner Bros. is looking to expand on Jared Leto's version of the Joker, which debuted in 2016's "Suicide Squad," with a movie of his own. 

Word is that Warners are adding yet another project to their growing list of potential DCU movies, this time a solo movie for Jared Leto's Joker.

Comment

Last month came reports that filmmaker Peter Jackson was tossing up between two options as his next project – a DC superhero film at Warner Bros. Pictures or to get involved in Amazon’s proposed billion-dollar and five season long “The Lord of the Rings” TV series. Speaking to French outlet Allocine this week, Jackson cleared […]

Sigh of relief, Peter Jackson rules himself out of both this and the LOTR series

Comment

The duo behind the cult hit “The Accountant,” actor Ben Affleck and director Gavin O’Connor, look to be re-teaming. The pair are reportedly circling Brad Ingelsby’s drama script “The Has-Been” which will likely be setup at Warner Bros. Pictures – but no deals have been completed at this point. The story follows a former basketball […]

Matt Reeves The Batman is being described as a standalone reboot hence won't feature Ben Affleck. Given the commitment WB has shown to the DCU's future I find it more likely that its the servant of two masters and is more likely to be a prequel entry which means it can carve it's own path whilst not conflicting with the heavy slate of DCU films on the way.

Next up, Wonder Woman 2 seems to currently be going by the name Wonder Woman 1984. The first two images have been released, the first showing Steve Trevor is back:

No-one seems to be quite sure where Warner Bros. Pictures’ plans for their live-action DC universe titles are going, or which are seriously going forward, but Walter Hamada (“The Conjuring”) has come in as the newly appointed DC Entertainment film production president and is reportedly said to have a real plan ready. Hamada, who replaces […]

Finally, a few days ago Geoff Johns stepped down as one of the key overseers of the DCU to take a more hands on role. His replacement has been confirmed as Walter Hamada, one of the people responsible for The Conjuring. Hamada is said to have a plan in place for the DCU and is currently reviewing all of the gestating projects Warners has stewing. Some will be axed, others reworked as he plans to get the whole thing working in a more efficient and successful manner. As things stand, between the confirmed movies and the ones looking to head into production in the coming few months the slate is:

-Aquaman
                      -Shazam
                      -Wonder Woman 1984
                      -The Joker (The Non-DCU one)
                      -Flashpoint
                      -The Batman

With a Harley film or Suicide Squad 2 likely next after Flash

Comment

Images from Aquaman:

Comment

Another image from Wonder Woman 1984, colour being ramped up?

Comment

For a cinematic universe with only one film out this year the news rate is busy of late...

In an interview that certainly won’t inflame the DC vs. Marvel rivalry at all, Kevin Smith’s Fat Man on Batman podcast spoke with “Captain America” film writers Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus recently and the topic of the DC film universe came up. The pair were asked by Smith and co-host Marc Bernardin about how […]

The writers of the Captain America films have said that their advice to Warners would be to really sit down and look closely at the Marvel films to analyse why Marvel were able to build the MCU out of characters that weren't highly regarded and yet the DCU struggles with their A-tier characters.

Actor Henry Cavill has posted a video of himself getting back into fighting shape in the gym along with a caption suggesting his Superman character will soon make another big screen appearance. At last report Cavill has been wanting to reprise the role and something has been rumored to be in the works, but what […]

Menawhile Cavill is back in the gym suggesting that in one form or another Superman will be appearing on the big screen again soon.

Comment

This is shaping up to be one of the biggest, most expensive, slow-motion-y train wrecks ever.

Too many shards. Too many universes. Too many spinoffs.

And it's a shame, because I love DC!

Comment

I'm concerned about the long term plans for the DCU, with so many projects in the mix, but I'm optimistic about the next three immediate films. I've got quite a lot of faith for James Wan projects at this point so Aquaman isn't worrying me, I imagine Wonder Woman 2 will be solid too and I kind of feel optimistic that Shazam will be fun. Beyond that though...

Comment

Working...
                                X