No announcement yet.

The DC Extended Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first trailer for Aquaman and DC seems to finally be settling on a new tone for their DCU movies it seems:

Also, the first trailer for Shazam that continues that new non-dark tone:

Comment

That Shazam trailer looks pretty good. I’m Interested. But not in Aquaman.

Comment

Shazam I'm sold on, Aquaman for me mostly looks decent but I hold a lot of faith in Wan and the trailer doubtfully contains that much of what the film does. He'll likely tinker the effects up until the end but it shouldn't be hard for the film to hit Wonder Woman's quality bar at the least.

Comment

While the next year-and-a-half is set, the fate of Warner Bros. Pictures’ DC Extended Universe films in 2020 and beyond is less clear. Cathy Yan’s “Birds of Prey” seems to be the only confirmed film as yet, though Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” is likely to be out by 2020 or 2021 and there’s still Ava […]

Warners still isn't locking down specific releases beyond the next 24 months window but Geoff Johns says Green Lantern Corps is moving along and is more in line with his Green Lantern Rebirth comics than anything else

Comment

You know what that Shazam trailer reminds me a lot of? Do you? Do you?! Well I'll tell you: The Greatest American Hero. Remember that show? This movie looks like like a cross between that show and Big. That's a good cross.

Comment

There was surprisingly zero updates about Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” which is currently in the works at Warner Bros. Pictures. We do know that Reeves has been working on the script for a while now, and that some early casting rumors began the other month. Now a new report at Revenge of The Fans (via […]

Rumour is that Boardwalk Empire actor Jack Huston is being lined up to play Harvey Dent in The Batman

Comment

I don't like that Shazam trailer. I know the original comics were light hearted but this is like a parody. I don't watch most films anyway so no big deal but I was a Captain Marvel fan. I can understand why people might like the trailer though.

Comment

While Patrick Wilson’s Orm (aka. Ocean Master) is the primary villain of James Wan’s “Aquaman” film, the superhero’s most popular villain Black Manta also has a key role in the new film from Warner Bros. Pictures. Yahya Abdul-Mateen II takes on the part of the powerful and well-trained human with a large oval helmet that […]

Warners says they plan for Black Manta to play a larger DCU role than just in Aquaman

This year’s San Diego Comic Con was notably short on any information regarding Matt Reeves’ still untitled “The Batman” project. Today though, at a Television Critics Association panel for FOX’s new series “The Passage,” Reeves himself provided the most information about the project since his hiring many months ago. Reeves was asked about the current […]

Reeves says the script for The Batman is nearly done with filming aiming for summer next year. He won't comment on Affleck but rumour is he will still be involved somehow.

Comment

Gotham City mob boss Black Mask is set to be the villain of Cathy Yan’s upcoming “Birds of Prey” film at Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Films. Christina Hodson penned the film which will reportedly feature female DC Comics characters Black Canary, Huntress, Renee Montoya, and a young Cassandra Cain who will star alongside star […]

The main villain of Birds of Prey will be Black Mask

Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Films have reportedly begun developing a new “Supergirl” film. “22 Jump Street” and “The Cloverfield Paradox” writer Oren Uziel is onboard to pen the film’s script. In the DC Comics, Supergirl and her cousin Superman are the only ones who safely escaped their doomed planet of Krypton, both landing on […]

Whilst Warners have set the writers of 22 Jump Street and The Cloverfield Paradox to work on a script for Supergirl

Comment

Filmmaker James Wan has confirmed that despite being set in the ‘Worlds of DC’ universe, his upcoming “Aquaman” film at Warner Bros. Pictures will not feature any cameos from any of the other “Justice League” heroes. Talking to EW, he explains his vision was to focus the film’s story entirely on Jason Momoa’s Aquaman’s character […]

James Wan has confirmed that no other superheroes appear in Aquaman

Comment

Earlier last week, fans got their first official update from Matt Reeves’ on The Batman movie stating that they could start rolling the cameras in

Matt Reeves has confirmed The Batman will commence filming Spring next year. Affleck is signed on as a producer with no word yet on whether he will remain as Batman

Comment

Victor Stone — the DC superhero known as Cyborg — is set to appear in the forthcoming Doom [...]

Ray Fisher has spoken out amidst rumours of a departure and said he's going nowhere when it comes to leaving the role of Cyborg

Comment

Ruby Rose quits Twitter. As far as I can see because “fans” were angry that Batwoman isn’t being played by a straight white man. Fans are the worst and their access to anyone in the creative process should really be revoked. It doesn’t lead to good things.

Comment

I'm still a bit on the fence. I can visually see it... but she is really bad at acting.

Comment

You’re on the fence about her being hounded off Twitter?

Comment

Working...
                                X