Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a brave move.

Comment

It's just a superhero movie at the end of the day, Colin, but one of the better ones. It's one of the few that helps if you have seen the others.

I found this useful as I struggled to remember where we left all the heroes in the other films and who their mates were.

It's worth remembering the end of Thor: Ragnarok:

Thor, Loki, Hulk, Heimdall (Asgard bridge guard) and the gladiators from combat planet Sakaar are all on a spaceship with refugees from Asgard after it was destroyed. The ship was intercepted in a mid-credits sequence...

If you need a reminder of who has the Infinity Gems, read this:

But don't worry, it's all in the film, apart from the Power Stone, which the Nova Corps are guarding since the end of Guardians 2.

Comment

I must be one of a only a few that liked Age of Ultron. Probably because I'm a big Whedon fan (well, his work not necessarily his horndog chauvinism).

This was orders of magnitude greater than AoU though. Except for Black Widows hair. ScarJo is better as a redhead.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          I must be one of a only a few that liked Age of Ultron. Probably because I'm a big Whedon fan (well, his work not necessarily his horndog chauvinism).

This was orders of magnitude greater than AoU though. Except for Black Widows hair. ScarJo is better as a redhead.
          I didn't mind Age of Ultron, and thought there was a lot of good in it. I just hated how they had Black Widow get kidnapped, the forced Banner/Widow romance, and how that was built upon a suggestion that she feels a kinship with Banner, because he can turn into a monster, and she was... Sterilised?

I mean that whole line of reasoning was just bad.

I don't even dislike the pairing of the two characters per se, as a purely hypothetical thing, but it needed to be developed. Not just be "there".

Comment

Well I haven't liked many of these Marvel films, a handful at most, but I thought that was bloody excellent.

Comment

In just 11 days of global release, Disney/Marvel‘s Avengers: Infinity War will today set a new speed record to $1B at the worldwide box office. The global gross through Friday is $974.5M. The mega-milestone to come once Saturday’s spoils are factored will top the previous 12-day run to $1B of Disney’s own Star Wars: The […]

Just being reported now, Infinity War has beaten Force Awakens by a day to become the fastest movie of all time to gross $1bn. The current tally isn't confirmed yet but it added over $50m yesterday alone and today is likely to be higher. It's already the sixth highest grossing MCU movie and around just $250m off shattering recent big hitter stablemate Black Panther

Comment

Out of curiosity after that ending, what’s the next Marvel film that’s due out?

Comment

Ant Man and the Wasp (set after Civil War)
                  then
                  Venom (may or may not yet be in the MCU at all)
                  then
                  Captain Marvel (set in the 1990s)
                  then
                  Avengers 4

Nicely staged so nothing has to deal with the ending till the next Avengers

Comment

Cheers SF. To be honest none of the others would affect me anyway as I have no interest in seeing any of them, Avengers 4 next it is.

Comment

I want to see this again asap.

Comment

Saw this yesterday finally. Unbelievably entertaining, loved it.

The amount of effort and coordination that’s gone into these films to get to this point has been nothing short of a Herculean effort and should be applauded.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          Cheers SF. To be honest none of the others would affect me anyway as I have no interest in seeing any of them, Avengers 4 next it is.

Apart from the fact that Captain Marvel is likely to be a significant character in Avengers 4? I suppose you could go into it like my other half did with Avengers 3 having not watched Black Panther (she was ill the night we planned to go see it) but I did have to fill her in on a few details after, albeit she does have pretty good Marvel knowledge so it wasn't like explaining who the characters were for example.

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Comment

Marvel Studios is getting serious about its “Black Widow” solo film it would seem. The studio recently put the project in development and brought screenwriter Jac Schaeffer onboard to pen the script. Now comes word from The Playlist that the studio has met with no less than 60 directors for the gig, far more than […]

Marvel have reportedly burnt through 60 directors so far seeking a fit for Black Widow

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                But don't worry, it's all in the film, apart from the Power Stone, which the Nova Corps are guarding since the end of Guardians 2.
                                Guardians 1.

Saw Infinity War yesterday. The clash of egos was fun to watch.

Considering how bleak the ending was, less comedy would have been better I think.
                                The whole cinema stayed for the after credits sequence, then walked out in complete silence. I wanted to shout "cheer up, it's not like anyone died!"

Comment

Working...
                                X